1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

If you were interested in learning about the Greek Orthodox religion, monasteries are a great way to start. They represent a very traditional and preserved part of the religion, that you will not find in the church. I always recommend visiting operating monasteries so that you can get an opportunity to see the monks. Here are some of the top ones in my opinon

1. Monastery of Argilion
2. Monastery of Agios Andreas
3. Monastery of Lagouvarda
4. Monastery of Sissia

Reactions: The Greek Vibe
There are so many beautiful monasteries in Greece. Thanks for sharing this list - Hopefully one day I will be able to visit them!

What to do in Corfu for couples?

My partner and I are planning a romantic getaway to Corfu, Greece, and we're looking for some insider tips on the best experiences for couples. We've heard so much about Corfu's natural beauty and rich history, but we're hoping to tailor our itinerary to include activities that are especially romantic.

We're open to anything, whether it's relaxing on secluded beaches, exploring charming villages, enjoying candlelit dinners with stunning views, or embarking on adventurous excursions together. Ideally, we'd love to find a balance between leisurely, romantic moments and exciting adventures that we can share as a couple.

If you were us, what would you do while on the island?

Traveling to Kefalonia in the Summer

Now that the holidays are behind me, I am starting to think about traveling to Greece in 2023. I want to visit a place I never have before, and I am thinking that Kefalonia might be a great place to explore. I would like to be on the island during when the sea turtles are on the beaches laying there eggs - I always loved wildlife and it seems fascinating. How long in the season? It is maybe a month? If so, would it make sense to visit in June?

So, I want to go to Greece in the summer so I can spend a lot of time on the beach. I know, I can go throughout the summer and into at least the early fall and still have great beach weather, but June works out the best for my schedule and I love taking a vacation around that time.

Besides the turtles and beaches, what else do you guys recommend?

Always wanted to see the turtles in Kefalonia...

I have a bucket list of going to Kefalonia while the turtles are on the beaches. I love turtles and this seems like a really beautiful thing.

I found this video that talks about them. It's not quite seeing them in person, but it was informative. Thought I'd share:

Kefalonia hiking trails information

I've recently ventured into the breathtaking landscapes of Kefalonia, Greece, and I'm excited to share some insights and hopefully gather some from you as well. Kefalonia is not just a paradise for those seeking sun and sea; it's also a haven for hikers looking to explore nature's marvels on foot.

Myrtos Beach to Assos: This trail offers panoramic views of the famous Myrtos Beach, leading you to the quaint village of Assos. The path might be challenging, but the views are incredibly rewarding. The hike is a fantastic way to experience the island’s natural beauty and take in the serene atmosphere of Assos.

Mount Ainos: For those looking to conquer heights, Mount Ainos is the highest peak on the island. The national park offers various trails with different difficulty levels, each leading you through a unique landscape of Kefalonian fir trees and offering stunning views of the Ionian Sea. It's a must for anyone wanting to experience Kefalonia's diverse flora and fauna.

Fiskardo to Dafnoudi Beach: This trail is perfect for a leisurely hike. Starting from the charming harbor of Fiskardo, the path takes you through ancient cypress and olive groves until you reach the secluded beach of Dafnoudi. Here, you can relax in the crystal-clear waters before heading back.

The Italian War Memorial: Located near Argostoli, this trail is not only a nature walk but also a historical journey. The path leads you to a memorial dedicated to the Italian Acqui Division, offering insights into the island’s past and breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.

Ainos to Lourdas Beach: Starting from the slopes of Mount Ainos, this trail will take you through some of the most scenic routes on the island, ending at the beautiful Lourdas Beach. It’s a diverse hike, showcasing all the natural beauty Kefalonia has to offer.

I'm looking to explore more trails in Kefalonia and would love to hear your experiences or any hidden gems you've discovered on the island. Share your stories, tips, and any must-see spots for fellow hikers planning their next adventure in Kefalonia.

Good Kefalonia Beaches for Late Summer?

I am headed to Kefalonia in late summer - August/September. I am wondering which beaches are best this time of year? I heard that these beaches were good - Myrtos Beach, Antisamos Beach, and Skala Beach. Are any of these good at that time of year?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back