1 - 7 of 7 Posts

auroracoor1

Lets be honest, good beaches are the most important thing for a good vacation :) These are some of the best in my opinion after doing some research and looking at a bunch of pictures: Crete, Santorini, Mykonos Zakynthos. Because Crete is such a big island, they have the most options and the most variety in the types of beaches

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
These Greek islands have amazing beaches, but don't forget these Greeks islands:

- Kefalonia
- Rhodes
- Paros
- Tinos
- Lefkada

These Greek islands all have amazing beaches too! 🇬🇷

gmapsresident

Reactions: toniiv

iamgreece

Lets be honest, good beaches are the most important thing for a good vacation :) These are some of the best in my opinion after doing some research and looking at a bunch of pictures: Crete, Santorini, Mykonos Zakynthos. Because Crete is such a big island, they have the most options and the most variety in the types of beaches
You left out Milos!

gmapsresident

You right!
Milos has been named the “world's best island” by the readers of the US travel publication Travel & Leisure. Second on the list of 25 best islands around the world.
Look here the only webcamera from Milos .

Reactions: toniiv

iamgreece

You right!
Milos has been named the “world's best island” by the readers of the US travel publication Travel & Leisure. Second on the list of 25 best islands around the world.
Look here the only webcamera from Milos .
Yep, I've visited all the beaches on Milos, each one is incredible.

toniiv

Never been to Milos, will definitely check it out, thanks

New Tourism campaign!

Similar to my story from the early 90s..... Greece gave me my life back, healed me,rejuvenated me, made me worthy of carrying on and rebuilding my future and the rest is a very long love story♥️♥️.....I think the readers here feel what I contribute and share here!❤️❤️

Porto Katsiki in Lefkada is one of the best beaches!

Porto Katsiki is definitely one of the best beaches in Lefkada and probably the west coast of Greece. I suggest that you go to the beach pretty early, as the parking gets filled up and it will be difficult to find free parking. I personally like to go to organize beaches, which there are plenty of. You can also find a secluded area of the beach that is open to the public, and you’re able to bring your own towels, umbrellas, and food. Enjoy!

Where to travel in Greece if you love wine!

If you love wine, Greece is some of the best places to go to! There are great wines all over Greece, but certain areas are revered for their high quality grapes and crisp wines. Some of my personal favorites are Santorini wines. For Santorini, I specifically recommend Assyrtiko which is the white wine that is produced most from Santorini. The second best place to go to Greece for wine is Thrace which is best if you like red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon which is also popular in regions from across the world. I know Crete is also popular, but I have never been so I cannot comment on their wines!

Did you know that you can see baby turtles being born in Zakynthos?

This is a super rare experience that only exists during a small period of the year in Zakynthos. I cannot seem to find the exact timing of the hatching season, so if anyone knows please let me know. One of the best places that you can find these young turtles is Kalamaki Beach, which also happens to be one of the most popular beaches for swimming in Zakynthos. The beach is a protected conservation area, which is why it is closed at night, so that the turtle eggs can hatch and the turtles can safely make their way into the water.

Spetses is amazing for shopping!

I haven't heard of many people talk about Spetses on this forum… Which is super strange because it's one of my favourite islands! It's very easy to get to from Athens, and the shopping is just amazing. There are very unique boutiques, with handmade items from Greece, Italy, and Turkey. They are a little bit pricey, which is why I recommend that you try and barter if you can. Here are some of my favorite stores...

- Sea+Sun Spetses
- The Yachting Club Boutique
- Pasiphaë
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter