1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Don't get me wrong I love Athens but its too much pavement and not enough breeze! I personally love Thessaloniki because it has beautiful views of the water and pretty good beaches nearby! :) :) I can't wait to go back this summer

Thessaloniki-720x482.jpg

ladytina

This is one of the things that I really love about Thessaloniki. It being right on the water is really special and gives the city a great atmosphere. It opens up so many fun opportunities!

Reactions: knicks_fan87
This is one of the things that I really love about Thessaloniki. It being right on the water is really special and gives the city a great atmosphere. It opens up so many fun opportunities!
Agreed!! :)

Eating and drinking your way through Thessaloniki!

This video offers some great suggestions! Ill definitely be checking these places out when I plan to go this winter :)

These are the best beaches near Thessaloniki (in my opinion)

These are the top beaches near Thessaloniki in my opinion!! Epanomi is my favorite beach, its super family friendly. Its an organized beach so you don't have to worry about bringing your own stuff. This is something that I struggle with because I don't usually rent a car when Im staying in Thessaloniki.

1. Epanomi
2. Agia Triada
3. Perea Beach
4. Asprovalta

Do I have to pay to visit monasteries in Thessaloniki?

I was thinking to visit Panagia Ikosifinissa, Vlatadon and Agia Theodora. Do I have to pay to enter? If so, about how much is it per monastery?

Pictures of Thessaloniki at night!!

Thessaloniki is one of the best cities in the world because its right on the water. I love visiting at night so that I can see the reflection of all of the twinkly lights. I don't mind the cool breeze either. If anyone has more pictures of the city at night I would love to see them!

Thessaloniki-720x480.jpg

The National Theatre of Northern Greece is a great place to watch shows

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter