1 - 3 of 3 Posts

seleanor

Reactions: tomipark
Is it going on this year? I couldn't tell from the link. The street food in Greece is top notch - some of the best food I have ever eaten!

What are your favorite things to do in Thessaloniki?

I am thinking of taking a trip to Thessaloniki next year. I am trying to think of what to do. I just want a rough idea so I can figure out how many days to spend.

Here's what I was thinking for some activities, but I want to know your recommendations:
  • Taking a walk along the beautiful waterfront promenade
  • Exploring the historical White Tower
  • Savoring delicious Greek cuisine at the local tavernas
What activities or spots would you recommend? I'm interested in everything from cultural experiences, food destinations, hidden gems, to some relaxation spots. And of course, if there are any events or local gatherings happening, I'd be thrilled to join and immerse myself in the local culture.

Day Trips from Thessaloniki

What are some good day trips to do while in Thessaloniki? Some ideas to start:

- I know there are some great beaches in the area
- Did I see that Meteora is doable for a day trip?
- Are there any day cruises to nearby islands or anything?

Seeking the Best Mezze Spots in Thessaloniki

I am looking for recommendations. I am going to Thessaloniki in the spring and I want to visit a taverna or restaurant that has great Mezze!

If you've had an unforgettable meze experience in Thessaloniki, please share! I'm looking for recommendations on:
  • Your favorite spots for meze in the city
  • Must-try dishes
  • Any tips for a truly authentic meze dining experience
I appreciate any guidance you can provide to help me (and fellow food lovers) compile a list of must-visit meze destinations in Thessaloniki.

Will only have a few hours in Thessaloniki...

I am going to Thessaloniki in the late summer (I forget the dates). It's a stop on a Greek cruise. I have been to Greece a lot before but have never done a cruse. I have also never been to Thessaloniki. Any suggestions as to what I can do with my time while I am here? I will be doing a tour of another stop the day prior, so for Thessaloniki I am thinking I just want to explore.

Walking tours in Thessaloniki?

I'm currently planning a trip to Thessaloniki and I'm eager to explore this city's rich history and vibrant culture on foot. From what I've gathered, walking tours seem like an excellent way to immerse oneself in the local atmosphere and learn about the city's historical significance, its architecture, and of course, its culinary delights.

I'm reaching out to this community to gather recommendations on walking tours in Thessaloniki. I'm particularly interested in tours that offer a deep dive into the city's history, but I would also love to explore its culinary scene and maybe even some hidden gems that are not typically covered in conventional guidebooks.

Do you guys have recommendations? There are a lot of options. I don't know where to start.

Thessaloniki.jpg
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back