1 - 2 of 2 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

My top picks are Star Beach Waterpark, Labyrinth Theme Park, Aquaworld Aquarium, bike tour of Hersonissos, and finally exploring the nightlife. :)

k_tsoukalas

These are some great choices! Here is an article about Hersonissos people might find helpful:

Talented Greek singers and dancers in Crete!

These Cretan dancers are putting on a traditional show! As you will see in the video, these costumes, the music and dancing is all traditional and from the island of Crete. You will probably be able to find some restaurants that provide traditional cretin music and potentially some dancing. I highly recommend attending a live performance for anyone who is trying to learn more about Cretan culture.

Maleviziotikos is a beautiful and energetic Cretan dance!

I have never seen this beautiful Cretan dance live but I'm sure this video does it justice! As you can see, the dance is very energetic and seems to be very celebratory.I can imagine that it takes a lot of cardio and stamina to preform for a long period of time. I would love to know more information about when this dance is used, and what it signifies in the Cretan. I am not Cretan myself, so I am not too sure.

Visit the windmills in Lasithi Crete

These windmills are one of the most unique attractions on the island. They were a great source of sustainable energy, and provided irrigation to water plants in the summer months. There aren't many windmills left, and they currently stand as more of a tourist attraction than an energy source. If you would like to visit, they are located on the north end of the Lasithi plateau.

1656470340077.png

Visit Mirambello Bay on your next trip to Crete

Mirambello Bay is rarely talked about and I have no idea why! This spot is absolutely perfect for swimming and lounging. It is actually one of the the biggest bays in all of Europe, and has very calm and clear water. There is an excellent tourist town nearby that is called Agios Nikolaos with many restaurants and shops that have an excellent view of the bay. Check it out next time you visit Crete!

Crete is the best place to explore Greek cuisine

Crete is absolutely the best place to explore the flavours of Greece! Many agricultural exports come from Crete, which makes it the best place to get the freshest ingredients. Crete also has many local dishes that are unique to the island which are great to try. Here are some links of some of the best restaurants on the island

Kouzeineri

Peskesi

To Pigadi

Theodosi
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter