1 - 2 of 2 Posts

xmelissaa

Who knew chestnuts could be made into a salad!! I love making this during the winter months :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound chestnuts, roasted, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
  • 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
  • 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped sage
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • Lettuce leaves, for serving
  • Lemon wedges, to garnish
The recipe is super simple, all you do is mix the roasted chestnuts with the rest of the ingredients and you're all set!! Enjoy

Kastana-Salata-720x480.jpg

k_tsoukalas

I adore roasted chestnuts. Any opportunity I have to cook with them or incorporate them into foods I eat is a winner! This recipe looks delicious.

Is it easy to eat gluten free in Greece?

My husband has a gluten allergy and it’s been pretty difficult traveling and eating gluten free. There have been many cases where people tell us that something is gluten free and it’s actually not, and he ends up having an allergic reaction. Is anyone gluten free and has traveled around Greece? How difficult was it and can you share a bit about your experience?

Is it possible to grow olives outside of Greece?

This is for all of the users that have a green thumb.... I've always wanted to grow olives in my backyard, but part of me thinks that they will never taste as good as the ones that I get from Greece. Is it even worth trying? For a little bit of context, I live in Montreal where the summers are warm but the winters are pretty cold and snowy. Has anyone tried this out themselves?

Soft and tender Greek lamb shank

I love making this tender lamb shank anytime I have a special occasion. While you can cook lamb shake in many different ways, I like to go sit in the oven just until the outside gets a nice darker color and some of the fat renders off. Of course, you should always serve this with either rice or potatos.

B72401EC-7AB7-44FB-8A89-6D27D4EBC3EC.jpeg

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

How to choose a fresh fish at the fish market!

Choosing a fresh fish is going to be key for your dish and for your health. I don't usually go to the fish market when I'm home, but when I'm on vacation, and especially in Greece, I love going to the market to get fresh fish from local fishermen. If you don't know how to pick fresh fish, here is a great tutorial on how!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter