1 - 2 of 2 Posts

seleanor

This makes me so proud and happy to see that people are connecting with their heritage from miles away and willingly doing the military service to serve their country. Bravo to the soldier and those that are like him. I can't wait to go to Athens again and visit the tomb of the unknown soldier.

k_tsoukalas

This makes me so proud and happy to see that people are connecting with their heritage from miles away and willingly doing the military service to serve their country. Bravo to the soldier and those that are like him. I can't wait to go to Athens again and visit the tomb of the unknown soldier.

This was fascinating! So cool that a Greek-American has this role.

Many Greeks are having their weddings and baptizing their children on the same day

This is becoming more and more popular as people are getting remarried or having children without being married. A few friends of mine have had their weddings and baptizes their children at the same time. It is a new tradition that is gaining popularity, although it is definitely not traditional and some Greek people may frown upon it. Personally, I see no problem in it and I love attending these ceremonies.

Things to Know When Visiting Greece?

I found this article very helpful... I am going soon and this isn't my first time, but I still fond this helpful:

Do you have anything to add t this list? #3 - find your latest alike - really caught my eye. I am a photographer so this is a work/play type of trip and I bet I can get some great slice of life shots there.

Buy an official IELTS|TOEFL certificate. ([email protected])

If you are planning to study, work or live abroad, IELTS can help you get there!

We provide requisite assistance to those who, for one reason or another cannot take the TOEFL, PTE, test or obtain the desired score demanded by institutions, employers, or embassies.👩‍🎓♻️

Contact via
Telegram: ............ Registraboard
0b.jpg

What type of wedding reception is common in Greece?

I am just curious - what types of wedding receptions are common in Greece? For the most part, it looks like the celebrations often take place outside, and there are usually a lot of people there. As I am not Greek and don't have family in Greece, my reception would be pretty small. I don't know what to do!
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter