1 - 3 of 3 Posts

knicks_fan87

Hercules is my favorite character in Greek mythology! Hercules was a demigod and he earned his freedom and immortality (turning him into a God) by completing tasks set to him by Eurystheus, King of Tiryns and Mycenae. These were called the twelve labours, one of which was killing the minotaur.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing! I agree! Hercules is my personal favorite character in Greek mythology as well! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

Hercules is my favorite character in Greek mythology! Hercules was a demigod and he earned his freedom and immortality (turning him into a God) by completing tasks set to him by Eurystheus, King of Tiryns and Mycenae. These were called the twelve labours, one of which was killing the minotaur.
The Twelve Labors are an interesting story - an act of revenge by Hera, who was jealous of Hercules because he was Zeus's son from one of his mistresses.

In your opinion, what is the wildest Greek mythology story?

I know there are some pretty wild and crazy Greek mythology stories that involve incest, murder, and even worse. I'm super curious to see what everyone's favourite and most wild story is. If you are able to share links of the full story, please do. I know some of them can be very complicated and long so I don't want to make you spend forever explaining them in the threads LOL.

Who is Hestia in Greek Mythology

Hestia is the Greek goddess of the hearth, home, and of domesticity. She is the only Greek god and goddess who did and does not have an altar or temple dedicated to her since every home had a special altar for her, since she ruled the home life. She was also considered to be a virgin, since her role was in the home and in order to help out with the home she had to be pure. People would leave many offerings at their altars when there was any chaos or dysfunction in their households so that Hestia would resolve them.

The Current Greek Mythology?

So recently I have been really enjoying watching videos from Professor Fransesca Stavracopoulou and I wanted to share one of my favourite videos on youtube. She is a professor of Hebrew Bible and Ancient Religion at the University of Exeter. She examines the bible from a professional archaeological point of view, showing how many of the bible stories are not historically verifiable or even misrepresent the actual historical accounts. My personal realisation is that the current Greek religion is just another mythology just as the 12 Greek gods were.

How were Greek myths recorded and preserved through history

This is something I always wondered... how were Greek myths preserved and kept the same through so many years? I wonder if the myths were changed over the years and if they actually have remained the same as they were when they first created in Ancient Times.

Unknown Deity

A near to unknown God of greek mythology had come to attention, This God is the youngest of the Greek deity’s and may live among us today. T

His name is Somnios

the only source of information found about him is in a book underneath the temple of Apollo .
According to the scripture he is the son of Apollo and Apate
He is the God of bad dreams, Deception ( shared with his mother) Jealousy, double meanings, paranoia, negative thinking, paranormality, curses, spirits.
According to Apollo’s manuscript
Somnios lives today as a human and reincarnates when the the body dies
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter