1 - 3 of 3 Posts

knicks_fan87

Hercules is my favorite character in Greek mythology! Hercules was a demigod and he earned his freedom and immortality (turning him into a God) by completing tasks set to him by Eurystheus, King of Tiryns and Mycenae. These were called the twelve labours, one of which was killing the minotaur.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing! I agree! Hercules is my personal favorite character in Greek mythology as well! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

Hercules is my favorite character in Greek mythology! Hercules was a demigod and he earned his freedom and immortality (turning him into a God) by completing tasks set to him by Eurystheus, King of Tiryns and Mycenae. These were called the twelve labours, one of which was killing the minotaur.
The Twelve Labors are an interesting story - an act of revenge by Hera, who was jealous of Hercules because he was Zeus's son from one of his mistresses.

Movies inspired by Greek mythology that you should watch!

These aren't really "Greek" but they're great for those who love Greek mythology!

1. Disney's Hercules
2. Percy Jackson series
3. 300
4. Troy

This is how Hercules became immortal!

What are some good Greek mythology tattoos?

I feel like Greek mythology tattoos are so cool, and a great way to showcase my love for Greek mythology. Ive seen some great art over the years, but does anyone have ideas for what would look good as a tattoo?

The Titan God Atlas is the one who held up the world

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

atlas-720x961.jpg

What are the most popular Greek mythology stories?

Im looking to get more into Greek mythology....what are the most popular stories and what do you recommend reading? I wanna start off with something that will suck me in! Ive heard so much about Greek Myths but I never actually read any of them properly.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter