1 - 4 of 4 Posts

francescool

Taramosalata is one of those dips that's a bit mystifying. Many people really don't know what's in it (caviar and bread mostly) but we all know that it tastes amazing! There are varying qualities, and depending on how expensive or local the taramasalata is, its going to have different consistencies and taste. I like to go with your standard Krinos taramasalata that I get at the Greek supermarket but you can even make your own if you want a much fresher taste.

bvelonis

My family makes it with potatoes instead of bread.

Reactions: francescool

francescool

My family makes it with potatoes instead of bread.
That sounds like it would provide a little more flavour than just bread ahah

k_tsoukalas

I have never made it! It is one of my favorite dishes, though. I've had versions with with potato and bread and I love both equally.

Pasteli is a wonderful sweet snack

Pasteli is one of the best snacks that you can keep in your bag when youre on the go! Its made of sesame seeds and honey and is super healthy. You can think of it as the Greek version of granola bars. The recipe is super simple, and if you'd like to make it I have attached some recipes below. 😀

How to make refreshing mussels saganaki for the summer

Mussels might seem like an intimidating dish to cook, but they're actually pretty easy. I like to get fresh mussels from a fishmonger or a grocery store when they are available. I make sure to clean them really well on the outside to get all of the sand out, and I boil them once until they open and quickly rinse them so any sand inside will escape. After that, I follow this recipe and they come out perfect!

Where to get the best gyros in Athens

Athens has some of the best street food in Greece! You can pretty much get great street food anywhere in Greece, but these are some of my best suggestions for the next time that you're in Athens. I recommend ordering a gyro pita with tzatziki, french fries, tomatoes, and onions! It's the classic gyro and you won't be disappointed.

- o Gyros Pou Gyrevis
- Tylixto Greek Wrap
- Just Pita

These are my favourite Greek candies and chocolate!

Greece has so many unique candies and chocolates, so these are just a few of my favorites. I would definitely love to try more, so if you have any recommendations of tasty treats from your childhood, I would love to pick them up and try them next time I'm in Greece. Here is my list

-Sokofreta chocolate
-Ion chocolate
-Ouzo candy
-Any mastic flavored candy
-Caprice poura
-Gemista papadopoulos cookies

Mastic ice cream is the best dessert for summer

Greek mastic ice cream is one of the best summer desserts. It has such a unique flavor, and is made from traditional Greek ingredients. You can usually find this ice cream packaged in a grocery store, from a Greek pastry store, and some people even make it at home. If you would like to try to, here are some recipes that you can use.

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter