1 - 2 of 2 Posts

seleanor

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

knicks_fan87

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

Who was Horkos in Greek mythology?

Horkos' mother was Eris (goddess of strife) and no one knows who his father is. He is most famously known in the story of Aesop's fables where a man borrows money from someone but has no intention of paying it back. The story best displays the importance of earths in Greek mythology and I'll keeping your word was one of the most important things in the ancient Greek judicial system. Horkos means oath in Greek.

horkos-720x826.jpg

Who was the royal family of Greece?

I had no idea that Greece had a royal family until I found out that prince Phillip was born in Corfu and did some googling...and im not even sure I understand how the British royal family connects to. the Greek royal family. Does anyone know why Greece even had a royal family in the first place? And what was their role in ruling the country?

List of the best Ancient Greek and Greek mythology books!

These are some of the most popular Greek mythology books! I haven't read all of these, so please don't take my word for it completely but feel free to take a read and leave your reviews in the forum! The first two are ancient classics and the last two are modern takes by non-Greek writers. I think reading an array of Ancient Greek books will give you the most rich understand of the history and mythology.

1. Iliad (of course!)
2. The Odyssey
3. Circe by Madeline Miller
4. Pandora's Jar by Natalie Haynes

This is my new favorite online show about Greek mythology!

Movies inspired by Greek mythology that you should watch!

These aren't really "Greek" but they're great for those who love Greek mythology!

1. Disney's Hercules
2. Percy Jackson series
3. 300
4. Troy
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter