1 - 3 of 3 Posts

seleanor

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

knicks_fan87

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

k_tsoukalas

This is awesome!! Greek mythology is a lot more interesting than people might realize. And it is interesting the lengths the temples went to in order to enhance the experience.

Unknown Deity

A near to unknown God of greek mythology had come to attention, This God is the youngest of the Greek deity’s and may live among us today. T

His name is Somnios

the only source of information found about him is in a book underneath the temple of Apollo .
According to the scripture he is the son of Apollo and Apate
He is the God of bad dreams, Deception ( shared with his mother) Jealousy, double meanings, paranoia, negative thinking, paranormality, curses, spirits.
According to Apollo’s manuscript
Somnios lives today as a human and reincarnates when the the body dies

Did you know that Greek mythology has a princess of Thessaly?

Thessaly is the region in central Greece that exist today, but many don't know that in Greek mythology, there is a princess of Thessaly. Her name is Koronis and she was known for being extremely beautiful. She was actually so beautiful that Apollo fell in love with her and seduced her when he was in Thessaly. They made love and she became pregnant, and when Apollo left the island he left a white dove to care for her in his absence.

Robert graves Greek Myth

Has anyone ever read the book Greek Myths by Robert Graves? I look forward to some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Who is Hestia in Greek Mythology

Hestia is the Greek goddess of the hearth, home, and of domesticity. She is the only Greek god and goddess who did and does not have an altar or temple dedicated to her since every home had a special altar for her, since she ruled the home life. She was also considered to be a virgin, since her role was in the home and in order to help out with the home she had to be pure. People would leave many offerings at their altars when there was any chaos or dysfunction in their households so that Hestia would resolve them.

The Birth of Venus is one of the most famous artworks based on Roman/Greek mythology

You may recognize the Birth of Venus, which is one of the most famous paintings, especially in terms of paintings that are based on Roman and Greek mythology. The main woman in the painting is one of the three Horae, who in Greek mythology is one of the minor goddesses of the seasons and of other divisions of time. The painting is debated over and the meaning is really up to the beholder.

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter