1 - 3 of 3 Posts

seleanor

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

knicks_fan87

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

k_tsoukalas

This is awesome!! Greek mythology is a lot more interesting than people might realize. And it is interesting the lengths the temples went to in order to enhance the experience.

Did you know that Greek mythology has a princess of Thessaly?

Thessaly is the region in central Greece that exist today, but many don't know that in Greek mythology, there is a princess of Thessaly. Her name is Koronis and she was known for being extremely beautiful. She was actually so beautiful that Apollo fell in love with her and seduced her when he was in Thessaly. They made love and she became pregnant, and when Apollo left the island he left a white dove to care for her in his absence.

Antigone is one of the most twisted Greek myths of all time

There are so many twisted and strange Greek myths that exist, but Antigone is probably one of the most freakish in my opinion. Antigone is the child of Oedipus and Jocasta, who is his mother. That makes Antigone the product of incest, and both the daughter and grandchild of Jocasta, and the daughter and sibling of Oedipus. The myth of Antigone is more focused on her efforts to bury her brother, Polynices. But personally all I can focus on is this twisted nature of her existence! The Greek gods were one hell of a people LOL.

Aion is the Greek god of time

There are many Greek mythological gods that represent some of the most important concepts in humanity, most importantly: time. Aion is the Greek god of time in addition to Chronos. Most of them share this responsibility, but Chronos came first in the timeline of the Greek gods. He is a symbol of the long reign of the Roman Empire and has a female counterpart known as Aeternitas. I couldn't find much more information, but if someone knows more about him please let me know :)

The classic myth of the golden fleece

This is a classic story from Greek mythology. As you will see in the video, this fleece was from a coveted golde ram whose hair was made out of gold. Anyone who was able to get their hands on this fleece would be considered a true king and would gain access to power over the land. This is where the story gets a little more complicated...

Roman mythical men?

Does roman mythology have any sort of "mythical men" similar to the spartoi?
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter