1 - 2 of 2 Posts

mastichas09

A lot of locals use this website to find out when lives shows are happening in Athens! I highly recommend it (you can translate the page to English)

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

A lot of locals use this website to find out when lives shows are happening in Athens! I highly recommend it (you can translate the page to English)

Thank you so much for the tip! The locals always seem to know what is going on so this is a great resource.

Youve never seen Athens like this before

Athens is the most stunning city in the world. Never has there been a city that blends Ancient ruins and modern architecture so beautifully. This drone only captures parts of how beautiful this city is. If you're visiting Athens, I recommend that you take your time and explore all parts of the city, both ancient ruins and modern nightlife. Some of the must see places are the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum of course, and having a coffee at the museum cafe where you will have an excellent view of the acropolis.

Up-to-date Athens Festival Guide!

Tips on making your trip to the Acropolis kid friendly!

Many activities in Greece can be kid friendly, as long as you make some minor adjustments. The acropolis is a great place to visit but it can get a bit tiring for young kids who don't like being in the sun or walking up a lot of stairs. My first recommendation is to go very early in the morning, or late afternoon when there is not a lot of sun. Make sure the little ones are wearing hats and sunscreen and they are very hydrated. I suggest that you don't spend too much time at the top of the acropolis, but rather take a stroll through the museum and have a snack at the Café that overlooks the Acropolis. As always, you can make the experience more fun by getting some goodies at the gift shop.

The best neighborhood to stay in Athens is Thiseio

The Thiseio neighbourhood is perfect for your stay in Athens because you are able to have access to some of the best sites. It is walking distance to the Acropolis, and Monastiraki as well as many different art galleries, shops, restaurants and cafés. When I stay in this neighborhood, I really don't find myself needing to stray and I can find everything I need in walking distance.

Why arent the old Olympic stadiums being used for anything?

This is something that I’ve wondered for a very long time but I’ve never heard an answer. How come the old Olympic stadiums in Greece aren’t being repurposed for something useful. This is a phenomen that has also happened in other countries where the Olympic Games have been held. Why did this happen in Greece though?
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter