1 - 2 of 2 Posts

mastichas09

A lot of locals use this website to find out when lives shows are happening in Athens! I highly recommend it (you can translate the page to English)

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

A lot of locals use this website to find out when lives shows are happening in Athens! I highly recommend it (you can translate the page to English)

Thank you so much for the tip! The locals always seem to know what is going on so this is a great resource.

Cape Sounion is a beautiful destination near Athens

Cape Sounion is a beach that is south of Athens, known for its beautiful hotels and luxury restaurants. I've attended so many weddings in the area, as it is one of the most popular destinations for families that live in the Athens or mainland area. One of the best parts of the area is that you can catch a great view of the Temple of Poseidon, here is what it looks like:

You should visit the Port town of Lavrio near Athens

Lavrio is one of the best beachside places to visit near Athens. It's a bit of a drive so you'll need to rent a car or take a bus. There are excellent beaches and tavernas there and you can also visit the neighbouring town of Sounio where the famous Grecotel hotel is located. Since it is a tourist location, Lavrio has a bunch of water sport activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat rentals and many more. it's a great two day trip if you're wanting to get away from the city life.

A walking tour of Lavrio, Greece

Lavrio is the coastal town in the southeastern part of Attica which is the region where Athens is located. This is a great place to visit if you want to go to restaurants and shop around, but also be by the water. Personally, I get pretty tired of staying in downtown Athens because there's not much of a breeze and I can't get to the beach very quickly. This is only super easy if you're renting a car, otherwise you can get to the beach or visit closer beach areas like Glyfada.

Best Ice cream in Athens!❤️❤️😋😋

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter