1 - 3 of 3 Posts

seleanor

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

k_tsoukalas

Looks like there are some great finds here. Thanks for sharing!!!

Check out Vouliagmeni for classy beachside restaurants

Vouliagmeni is about half an hour from Athens by car and is a great place for beachside dining. I find that this area has amazing views and is much less crowded than Athens. I haven't been to any beaches there, so please let me know if there are good spots to swim nearby. I usually go for dinner if im staying in Athens and then take a taxi back. My favorite spots are Ithaki and Lavros. :) Check them out!

These are the best hookah lounges in Athens

Hookah lounges are becoming more and more popular in Athens and Greece. Originally, this was an ottoman tradition that faded out. But now it’s coming back, as it is all over the world. Cigarettes and vaping are also pretty popular, so the tobacco culture is definitely there in Greece. The two larges that I recommend are Misafir and Hookaholic. I’ve been to both, and the vibes and service were great. I ordered food, and drinks, and Shisha and was very pleased. Definitely check them out next time you’re in the city.

Flyff Universe is now available on PC and smartphone

Immerse yourself in the world of Madrigal, a vast open world with multiple continents to explore, from the peaceful village of Flarine to the steampunk region of Darkon. Take to the skies on your broom or on your flying motorcycle, face daunting challenges and interact with thousands of other players online. With eight subclasses, multiple dungeons, PvP modes, and plenty of social features, Flyff Universe provides hundreds of hours of content.

The MMO offers an easy to learn and play experience for everyone, whether they played in 2005 or are new to the world. The graphics engine has been redone to include anti-aliasing, advanced shading options, and more to modernize the visual aspect.

This reimagining was a collaboration between Gala Lab and Sniegu Technologies, a team of developers who were fans of the original game in 2005, providing an experience made by gamers for gamers. And to celebrate the global launch, all new players will receive a lot of items during their game such as wings and consumables, and they will have the chance to participate in the many launch events.

With over 17 years of content available for future releases, Flyff Universe will continue to add new features to keep players engaged over the coming weeks and months.

Here recommend you to buy Flyff Universe Penya from https://www.z2u.com/flyff-universe/Gold-1-18051 to skip the grind and get whatever equipment you want.If you want to purchase the cheapest rate Flyff Universe Penya and the fastest delivery Flyff Universe Penya, do not hesitate to choose the best Flyff Universe Penya seller-z2u.com. Our 24/7 online customer service will bring you the most perfect trading experience.

Visit the Cypriot Museum of Art in Athens

Cypriot art is a strong and important part of Greek culture, that unfortunately many people forget about. Whether or not that you believe Cyprus should or shouldn't be a part of Greece, the beauty of Cypriot culture and art is undeniable. You can see a lot of Cypriot Art at the museum in Athens which showcases about 1,000 paintings and sculptures from Ancient Greece to modern day.

Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Acropolis

Now hear me out. I usually go to see a performance at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus theatre every time I visit Athens. A few times I have seen operas there. In fact, I have only been to operas at this theatre, having never been to an opera at any other time in my life. I have to say it is an amazing experience. If you are going this year and you have never been to an opera, Toscana is being performed here as part of the Athens & Epidaurus Festival. Do yourself a favour and go see it. You can find details here: https://whyathens.com/events/tosca-greek-national-opera/

And to get you in the mood, here are a couple of photos of the last opera I went to see there:

IMG_20190609_212402.jpg

IMG_20190609_214430.jpg
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter