1 - 2 of 2 Posts

greek_ggirl

Check out this beautiful video of the Melisanni cave

k_tsoukalas

This is a gorgeous video of a gorgeous place. Thanks for sharing! Here is more information about it:

I visited Gentilini winery in Kefalonia and it was amazing!

Gentilini is a really small family winery on the island that has a great selection of wines. I went on the tour and was able to see where all of the wines were made. Tours start in Easter and end in October, highly recommend to anyone visiting Kefalonia during those months.

Kefalonia has a brand new and sustainable wind farm!

I am so happy the Greece is becoming more sustainable because we deserve it! There is so much great innovation that is coming out of Greece like this new wind farm in Kefalonia! It reminds me of the classic wind mills that I have seen in Mykonos and all over Greece. It is great that Greece is taking advantage of its natural resources like solar power and wind power and I am curious to see how this expands into tourism options like eco-tourism that I see becoming popular in other countries.

Assos is the best seaside village in Kefalonia

Assos is one of the best spots to visit in Kefalonia because you get a small town village vibe but its right by the water!

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

Visit the Nautical Museum in Kefalonia!

The Nautical Museum of Sami in Kefalonia was established by a resident of Sami named Sotiris Marketos who is a sailor’s son who developed a fascination for shipbuilding and the sea. He would go on the serve the Greek shipping industry for over three decades. He was concerned that his naval town didn’t have a nautical museum and decided to create one. You can learn about shipbuilding, the different types of vessels, the environment, and creatures of the area. View wooden models of vessels that span the course of 3,500 years. These vessels are made by Sortiris Marketos himself.

Is Kefalonia expensive in comparison to other Greek islands?

What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter