1 - 2 of 2 Posts

tomipark

Here is a short video for anyone that's curious about what happens at a Greek Orthodox baptism

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing! Sometimes a video helps illustrate what at Greek Orthodox baptism is like for those that are not familiar.

What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

I know its a little early (Thanksgiving hasn't even arrived yet) but Im already too excited and preparing for Christmas!! What are your favorite Greek Christmas traditions?? :)

Oxi day is coming up soon! How are you all celebrating?

This is one of the most historical Greek holidays that I admire so much! How is everyone celebrating? :) Happy almost Oxi day

This is what Oxi Day is all about

Love learning about holidays like this, cheers!

Play this Greek holiday playlist for your upcoming gatherings

I love festive music 🎶 🎄 This playlist covers all of the most popular Greek Christmas songs

What lighting a candle means at a Greek church

In Greek church, we light candles and make a prayer. Its one of my favourite traditions. Candles are usually at the front of the church and you usually add a few coins or dollars in the box besides the candles to "pay" for the candles.

holy-thursday-720x480.jpg
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter