1 - 3 of 3 Posts

greek_ggirl

I would love to take a romantic trip with my husband this summer. Does anyone have tips for a couple looking to relax and explore?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Really depends, what types of activities are you and your husband into?

Let everyone know a bit more and we can all reply with some suggestions of places and things to see in Rhodes :)

Reactions: greek_ggirl

greek_ggirl

Really depends, what types of activities are you and your husband into?

Let everyone know a bit more and we can all reply with some suggestions of places and things to see in Rhodes :)
Good question! We're both from Canada so we're looking to enjoy the sun and get away from a long and stressful year of lockdown. Any suggestions for quiet beaches (we hate beach clubs/bars), spas, and less touristy spots would be great! We're not looking to do any outdoorsy or sport type things.

My favorite villages to visit in Rhodes

Rhodes has some of the most beautiful villages from any of the Dodecanese islands in my opinion. I love to roam around, take pictures and stumble upon quaint restaurants with amazing locals. This is just my personal list, and of course I'm sure there are many more villages that are equally, if not more beautiful.

1. Lindos
2. Faliraki
3. Theologos
4. Rhodes Town

lot of flooding after 29 December storms

Lindos & Pefkos had a lot of damage .

Welcome to Pefkos, Rhodes

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

Seven Springs in Rhodes is a great place for couples!

This is one of the most beautiful natural places on the island of Rhodes. In English, it's called Seven Springs, but in Greek it's called Epta Piges. These are natural springs that are open to the public. It is a particularly romantic place and great for couples, especially those on honeymoons. The springs are located in the woods, and have amazing scenery. It's the perfect place for a picnic and to spend the afternoon. I highly recommend that everyone visit!

Ferry service resumes between Turkish destinations and Rhodes!

For those of you that are traveling to Turkey from Greece using the ferry or vice versa, you are in luck! The ferry services are being re introduced which is great news especially for those that are traveling on a budget. The ferries were close down because of covid and have been closed for some time. Every Friday and Sunday there is a 45 minute boat ride from Fethiye, Turkey to Rhodes. This is such a quick trip and will definitely be cheaper than taking most flights! Has anyone taken this route? Unfortunately I have not and cannot provide tips from personal experience.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter