1 - 4 of 4 Posts

cf_fraiser

hey everyone, my friends and I would really love to visit the white beach. one of my coworkers said it was the best beach was ever been to. But there's no bathrooms or food… any advice on what to bring? I am used to beaches in Miami that are pretty much full service.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is a GREAT question! I would say bring the following items (no particular order):

- Extra clothes
- Sunscreen
- Towels
- Water
- Snacks, Food and Cocktails (if that is your thing LOL)
- Speaker for music (again must for me!)

Hope this helps and have fun in Greece!

mastichas09

It's definitely a challenge, as a Greek I'm very used to secluded beaches or places with no bathrooms or cafés. What I usually do is bring a cooler with some food, some water and a few first aid items. Because the beach is only accessible by water taxi you won't have very many options in case something bad happens or someone gets injured or sick.

That's such good advice, mom and me would be panicking to go to such a secluded island but it's definitely worth it if you can prepare for the worst. Definitely don't expect people to have first aid stuff around you, or for there to be a lifeguard. Bring any medications that you may need and definitely take some food, some extra clothes. Bring only as many valuables that are necessary, or make sure you have someone watching your valuables while the others are in the water. There's many tourists, and you really can't trust everyone.

You must visit the hot springs in Santorini

The Hot Springs in Santorini are one of the best natural springs that you can go to in Greece. They are heated by the islands volcano that is underneath the ocean, causing the springs to be extremely warm and offer a very relaxing experience. There are two small islands near Santorini in which you can be able to access the Hot Springs. You will need to take a boat to Nea Kameni or Palea Kameni. You will notice that the water is slightly yellow, but this is because it has a higher amount of sulphur than regular seawater, so no need to be alarmed. I hope you enjoy the Hot Springs!

The Santorini crowds seem to be getting worse and worse

I can't seem to escape all of the criticism about the Santorini crowds. This makes me wonder… are the crowds getting worse? Or are people just posting about them more on social media? I haven't been to Santorini in many years, but this is just a glimpse of what you may be faced with when visiting the island. Of course, take it with a grain of salt, and the whole island will definitely not be full of people. I do recommend visiting in May, June, and September if you want a quieter vacation.

Stunning Santorini wedding at Le Ciel Santorini

Santorini has become one of the most popular destinations for weddings for so many years now. This wedding is absolutely stunning and the view is what makes it! Le Ciel Santorini is one of the most luxurious hotels on the island, and is located in the northern part (not too far from Oia). It is a common destination for weddings and I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in getting married in Greece.

Did you know that Santorini has an industrial tomato museum?

Santorini had a huge production of tomatoes, which was so big that they even have an industrial tomato museum that is open to the public. Santorini no longer exports as much tomato paste as it used to, I'm assuming because it became one of the most popular tourist hot spots in the entire world. The museum is located in the former D. Nomikos Tomato Factory, and I really suggest that you check it out!! Safe travels :)

Where to explore the history of Santorini

Santorini has such a deep and rich history that definitely should be explored on your next trip to the island. The Ancient Byzantine Castle is one of the best places to start your exploration of the history of the island. The Byzantine Empire played one of the most influential roles in the culture in history of ancient Greece. The empire was led by Christian rulers, who spread the Greek orthodox religion throughout the country. You can also visit the Akrotiri Archaeological Site which shows ruins from the bronze age, dating back to 1600 BC. Safe travels!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter