1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dpappas87

Hey everyone, I usually don't fast before Easter but I'd like to try this year. Does anyone have any tips for a beginner?

k_tsoukalas

I would start by picking a few days a week to focus on fasting until you get comfortable with it. Like, try focusing on Wednesday and Friday. Add more days as you get comfortable with the idea. Fasting seems intense at first but it gets easier. Meal planning also helps!

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
I would start by picking a few days a week to focus on fasting until you get comfortable with it. Like, try focusing on Wednesday and Friday. Add more days as you get comfortable with the idea. Fasting seems intense at first but it gets easier. Meal planning also helps!
That's such a good idea! I would meal plan stuff like overnight oats for breakfast. They're really tasty and you can customize each morning by adding toppings like fruit, chocolate and granola.

What time do Greeks eat their meals?

I'm planning my trip to Greece, and from what I've been told Greek people eat at different times than people from other countries. What are the most popular meal time is in Greece? What time should I plan to go out for dinner, lunch, and breakfast?

greek dinner.jpg

Tips on fasting for sarakosti (lent)?

Hey everyone, I usually don't fast before Easter but I'd like to try this year. Does anyone have any tips for a beginner?

How much money is acceptable for a Greek baptism gift?

I'm going to a Greek baptism this summer in Athens and I was wondering how much money is normal for a baptism gift. I've been to many baptisms before but my family is Catholic so I don't know how Greek baptisms are different.

Looking for Greek dance playlists!

I would love to play some great Greek music this easter, does anyone have any links to Greek dance playlists? Anything with a good zeibeiko is perfect!!

What are some trendy and new ways to dye Greek easter eggs?

hey everyone! My husband is Greek and we're going to be celebrating Greek Easter this year and I wanted to know if there are any trendy or cool ways to die a Greek Easter eggs. I want to add my own twist and get the kids involved too. Drop pics if you have them!!

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter