1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dpappas87

Hey everyone, I usually don't fast before Easter but I'd like to try this year. Does anyone have any tips for a beginner?

k_tsoukalas

I would start by picking a few days a week to focus on fasting until you get comfortable with it. Like, try focusing on Wednesday and Friday. Add more days as you get comfortable with the idea. Fasting seems intense at first but it gets easier. Meal planning also helps!

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I would start by picking a few days a week to focus on fasting until you get comfortable with it. Like, try focusing on Wednesday and Friday. Add more days as you get comfortable with the idea. Fasting seems intense at first but it gets easier. Meal planning also helps!
That's such a good idea! I would meal plan stuff like overnight oats for breakfast. They're really tasty and you can customize each morning by adding toppings like fruit, chocolate and granola.

What does malakas really mean?

As many of you may know, malakas is probably one of the most popular words and swearwords in the Greek language. I hear it all the time when I'm travelling in Greece, and even when I'm in the United States. People can't seem to get enough of it. And its original state, the word means "wanker" which is commonly used in the UK. Although, the word has taken on many forms and can mean pretty much anything from "you're my best friend" to "I hate you."

Are there any good Greek podcasts to listen to?

I've been trying to pick up on more and more Greek and I think that listening to podcasts would really help. I listen to podcasts every day on my way to work, and I would love to start listening to some Greek ones as well. I've been learning a bit of Greek here and there since I am planning on retiring in Greece soon. Does anyone have any podcast that they could recommend? I don't really mind what the podcast is about, I have a pretty varied taste. Thanks!

What is your favorite Greek song? 🎶

Please post your favourite Greek songs! I'm trying to listen to more and more international music, and I would love to hear some recommendations. My personal favourite is To Tango Tis Nefelis.

A beautiful Cretan wedding

Cretan wedding traditions are probably the most elaborate out of all the regions in Greece. It's one of the only cultures that still holds onto their wedding traditions so strongly. I personally can't wait to go to a Cretan wedding and experience all of this in person. If you are from Crete, please let me know if you had some of the traditions at your wedding!

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter