1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dpappas87

Hey everyone, I usually don't fast before Easter but I'd like to try this year. Does anyone have any tips for a beginner?

k_tsoukalas

I would start by picking a few days a week to focus on fasting until you get comfortable with it. Like, try focusing on Wednesday and Friday. Add more days as you get comfortable with the idea. Fasting seems intense at first but it gets easier. Meal planning also helps!

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I would start by picking a few days a week to focus on fasting until you get comfortable with it. Like, try focusing on Wednesday and Friday. Add more days as you get comfortable with the idea. Fasting seems intense at first but it gets easier. Meal planning also helps!
That's such a good idea! I would meal plan stuff like overnight oats for breakfast. They're really tasty and you can customize each morning by adding toppings like fruit, chocolate and granola.

Relaxing Greek music instrumental

This is one of the best Greek music instrumentals that I like to listen to when Im reading and working at home! Geia mas to all of the world wide Greeks community who like to have kefi and play some great tunes. Please post some great instrumentals in the comments, I love a good bouzouki solo! Cheers :)

Best traditional Greek artists to listen to this quarantine!

If you're in quarantine like me, you might find it useful to listen to some Greek tunes to relax. Some of the most popular older artists include Dalaras, Mitropanis, Alexiou, Glykeria, Terzis, and Kazantzakis. These are some of the classics and have a good mix of softer music and rebetika. If you're looking for newer artists who have more popular songs I recommend listening to Vandi, Pantelidis, Economidis and Garbi.

Did you know about the Greek New Years pomegranate tradition?

This is one of Greece's most beautiful traditions that is rooted in Ancient and modern traditions. The pomegranate is the symbol of good fortune, fertility and luck which is why it is associated with New Years. One of the Greek customs that people do on New Years is taking a pomegranate and breaking it open by throwing it outside of your house on New Years day. If you throw it hard enough and it opens on the fist try, it will bring the most luck to you and your family in the New Year!

Celebrating Ephiphany Italian style in Venice!♥️

A traditional Greek Christmas glendi (party)

This is the exact video I was watching last year in the middle of the pandemic, savoring time dancing with old friends. This is one of the most popular Greek tv shows that showcases Greek culture in the best way. In the video, you will see some of the most popular Greek songs with Greek dances and its of cheer and kefi! I hope you enjoy and that your Christmas is just as happy. Xornia Polla se olous kai kali xronia!

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter