1 - 3 of 3 Posts

auroracoor1

ellinasgolfer0320

Tsamiko is danced slower in thessaly than it is in the Peloponnese.

Since you're learning about the dances you should look up the different styles(?) And read about the dances of each ;) - e.g. nisiotika, kritika, ipirotika, piliotika, etc...

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent resource! If you want to learn how to dance some of the popular traditional Greek dances, we would highly recommend these videos:

5 Greek wedding gifts not on the registry

Time Capsule​

Gift the newlyweds with a time capsule they can fill with memorabilia from their wedding, letters to each other, and dreams they have for their future together.

Gold Jewelry​

Giving gold jewelry to a Greek bride is something that has been done for centuries. Greek Orthodox weddings are steeped in tradition and religion, so gifting the bride with a piece of gold jewelry such as a bracelet or necklace is very thoughtful.

Money​

It’s hard to go wrong with the gift of money. It allows the bride and groom to purchase something they really want or need or even tuck it away for the future.

Personalized Stationary​

If you look at the bride and groom’s wedding invitation, you can get a little sense of their style together. You can parlay that into a beautiful set of stationary for the newlyweds.

I copied these from https://www.greekboston.com/wedding/gifts-not-registry/ :)

My favorite Greek tv shows!

Here are a few must see Greek tv shows :) in no particular order

1. Kafe tis xaras
2. To Nisi
3. Para pente
4. Peninta Peninta
5. Savatogenimenes

Giannis Antetokounmpo meets with Greek prime minister!!

I loved watching Giannis throughout the playoffs and im so happy that he's getting the recognition he deserves!! And meeting with the prime minister, how cool :) I think it will be very helpful to have Giannis as a cultural ambassador to Greece in the US

Are there any Greek comic books?

My cousin is a huge comic book nerd and I would love to get him some comic books in Greek. Any recommendations?

Buy from these Greek cosmetic brands!

I always like promoting for people to buy local and buy Greek. Apivita and Korres are two famous Greek cosmetic brands that have done super well on the market and are sold all over the world. I suggest you check them out and support Greek companies :)

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter