1 - 1 of 1 Posts

efhernandez_

This is a traditional recipe for vasilopita which is a Greek New Years cake that is eaten with the whole family to celebrate the New Year. Inside the cake is a hidden coin that is secretly served to one lucky winner! I loved eating this cake so much at my Greek friends house that I decided to try out some recipes and make my own. It turned out pretty great if I do say so myself 😊 Happy New Year to everyone!

Reactions: Hash

How to spruce up your leftover keftedes!

I always find myself having leftover meatballs or keftedes need a bit of sprucing up the next day. What I like to do is make a tomato sauce with wine, and heat up the meatballs with the sauce so that they soak it up and don't stay dry. This is the recipe for the sauce

- sauté one onion and two garlic cloves with olive oil
- add half a jar of tomato paste
-add cumin, black pepper, ground clove and basil
-after all the spices have been cooked, add one cup of red wine
-once the wine is bubbling, add one jar of tomato sauce
-cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat

How long can you store phyllo in the freezer for?

I've been stocking up on phyllo from the Greek supermarket for quite some time… about six months in the freezer. How long will it stay fresh for? And when will I need to use it by? If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it.

What is the best Greek dish to bring to a potluck?

Hi everyone, I was invited to my office's potluck in two weeks and I am trying to figure out what to bring. Everyone in the office really likes Greek food, and we usually go to a Greek restaurant down the street for dinners with clients. Does anyone know what would be a good dish to bring to a potluck? Probably something that's easy to cook because I don't tend to cook a lot of Greek food at home. Thanks!

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

How to make a classic Greek village (horiatiki) salad

This village salad is probably one of the most popular salads in Greece. Many Greeks will start their lunches and dinners with the salad and it is considered to be very healthy, especially when you use local ingredients. All you need to do is chop up the following ingredients and toss it in a salad bowl.

- 3 tomatoes
-Half a red onion
-Half a green pepper
-1 block feta cheese
-2 large spoonfuls of olives
-2 large spoonfuls of olive oil
-2 teaspoons of oregano
-1 teaspoon of salt
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter