1 - 1 of 1 Posts

greek_ggirl

Wildfires are continuing and a travel advisory has been released. Everybody please be careful and consider how your travel plans may be affected by the wildfires. This is what the US Embassy Website says "U.S. citizens should exercise extreme caution in the affected areas, including in Evia, Kos, and around the Varymbobi area in the northern suburbs of Athens." Read more here https://gr.usembassy.gov/natural-disaster-alert-wildfires-in-greece/

Reactions: Hash

Post your Greece pictures! 😍

It's almost the end of the summer so I thought why not make a special place for all of us to share our pics! I was so grateful to visit again this year...man Greece just keeps getting better and better. I would love to see your pics. I'll be uploading from my phone soon!

Dont worry, you can always have breakfast on the ferry

I’ve taken countless ferries across the Greek islands, and I always seem to be rushing to get on the boat in time. One thing that I love about Greek ferries, is that there’s always a café on board where you can buy snacks, pastries, and coffee. It’s a little bit pricey, so keep that in mind. You can also get coffee from the ferry port! Safe travels 😊

How to book ferries in advance

If you’re going to be island hopping in Greece, I highly recommend that you book tickets in advance online when you know your itinerary. This is especially important if you’re traveling with a car. Of course you can buy them of the day of, but if you want to be sure that you’re going to get a spot, you should get yours online. The two best websites to use are ferryscanner.com and ferryhopper.com. The one thing that you have to make sure of is to check in online 24 hours before the ferry is scheduled to date. This will ensure that you were able to download war tickets and travel. Best of luck!

Flights to the islands have become cheaper than taking ferries!

I never thought this would happen….but from the prices I’ve been searching for this summer it seems to make more sense to fly to these islands instead of taking the ferry. Nor only that, flying is much faster and they offer free snacks on board. When you book your transit please don’t jump to the ferry booking sites and check google flights or sky scanner first! You never know what you can find. Best of luck fellow travelers. 😊

Essential Greek travel tips!

Here are a few key Greek travel tips for this summer that I think you would find helpful

1. Don't throw toilet paper in the toilet
2. You can always find a pharmacy that's open 24 hours, they alternate which ones are open in a specific radius
3. Masks are required on ferries

Please feel free to add more in the comments! :)
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter