1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Hash

Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

Reactions: Hash

Hash

So frustrating...
Just read this,I have just had my Pfizer vaccines which are donated by USA to THAILAND, UK (As I have a UK passport) does not recognise ANY VACCINES ADMINISTERED IN THAILAND......And if one wishes to travel as my wife said that a friend of hers sent her daughter to University there,she had to be revaccinated again and stay in Quarantine for 10 days at their own expense...😭🙃I....And I am writing this on my hammock here watching the rainfall....Do we need this stresses in our lives?..
oh I forgot my wife has mix and match vaccines so she will need 3 more if we ever wish to go to good ol'England again....😂😂.. You can see the funny side....I have been in some horrendous situations in my life time, but this takes the biscuit....Give me Papadopoulos any day and my Mana mu Elllada!❤️❤️....And I love our lives and a beautiful home in Thailand too!.... If any one is ever thinking of coming this way look us up, you will be surprised how hospitable and welcoming we are! Kalley Mera ollus!❤️❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: greek_ggirl

greek_ggirl

Just read this,I have just had my Pfizer vaccines which are donated by USA to THAILAND, UK (As I have a UK passport) does not recognise ANY VACCINES ADMINISTERED IN THAILAND......And if one wishes to travel as my wife said that a friend of hers sent her daughter to University there,she had to be revaccinated again and stay in Quarantine for 10 days at their own expense...😭🙃I....And I am writing this on my hammock here watching the rainfall....Do we need this stresses in our lives?..
oh I forgot my wife has mix and match vaccines so she will need 3 more if we ever wish to go to good ol'England again....😂😂.. You can see the funny side....I have been in some horrendous situations in my life time, but this takes the biscuit....Give me Papadopoulos any day and my Mana mu Elllada!❤️❤️....And I love our lives and a beautiful home in Thailand too!.... If any one is ever thinking of coming this way look us up, you will be surprised how hospitable and welcoming we are! Kalley Mera ollus!❤️❤️
It is really unfair for people who are not in Europe or North America. Everyone should have access to vaccines to be healthy and safe. There is so much bad distribution and countries have to fight and bargain for safe vaccines. I wish nothing but health to you and your family. Greetings from Montreal :)

Hash

It is really unfair for people who are not in Europe or North America. Everyone should have access to vaccines to be healthy and safe. There is so much bad distribution and countries have to fight and bargain for safe vaccines. I wish nothing but health to you and your family. Greetings from Montreal :)
Efgharisto polee, Kalley Mera sas!❤️....Did you know the average true cost of vaccines varies country to country?I had look at the WHO's vaccines pricing and distribution website...The poorer countries have to pay more!? .... Example a few
months ago Uganda would have to around $8 for a shot,the vaccine would cost $2 in USA,UK and Europe,did you see the Global Citizen concert?,it was all about freeing up patented rights of vaccines which the Pharmas are controling.

Last edited:
Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

Efgharisto polee, Kalley Mera sas!❤️....Did you know the average true cost of vaccines varies country to country?I had look at the WHO's vaccines pricing and distribution website...The poorer countries more .... Example a few
months ago Uganda would have to around $8 for a shot,the vaccine would cost $2 in USA,UK and Europe,did you see the Global Citizen concert?,it was all about freeing up patented rights of vaccines which the Pharmas are controling.
People shouldn't even have to pay for vaccines in the first place!! They are a human right and for many people are the difference between life and death. Extremely unfair, I am so sad to read this

Hash

People shouldn't even have to pay for vaccines in the first place!! They are a human right and for many people are the difference between life and death. Extremely unfair, I am so sad to read this
Another true story,a lovely young girl who used to work part time in my wife's cake shop now lives in Bangkok.... applied online, prepaid for Moderna vaccine.... Not available....... Vaccinated elsewhere in state vaccination center..... still waiting for refund the original payment after 6 months..!And yet I would be glad to pay full price as I can afford it, they refused to accept from me..!😂🙃.

Fun Museums to Visit in Thessaloniki

I love Thessaloniki. There's also so much history! These museums I can visit over and over again. Those of you who know a lot about this city - please leave your tip choices! I always enjoy trying new things:

1. Archeological Museum
2. War Museum
3. Thessaloniki Museum of Photography (such talent on display!)
4. Byzantine Culture Museum

Aside from that, always love being near the White Tower - it's such a classic, iconic landmark.

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

Advice for Staying Fit While on Vacation in Greece?

I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.

I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?

I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.

ForwardKeys: Summer 2022 Record Breaking for Flights to Greece!

Tremendous effort by all concerned,I sincerely hope that Greek Tourism Authorities and Greek Government as PM Mitsotakis has already stated to pay the workers in Tourism Industry fairly and treat them humanely!

Lounging on Astir Beach Near Athens

Whenever I am in Athens, I break up all the sightseeing and exploring with a good beach day. Astir Beach is one of my favorites. There's plenty of services nearby and it's in Vouliagmeni, which is a nice community on the outskirts of Athens.

Do you guys have a favorite Athens area beach?

I also like other beaches near Athens, but not as much as Astir. My list:

1. Schinisia Beach
2. Cape Sounion Beach
3. Glyfada Beach
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter