1 - 3 of 3 Posts

francescool

If you have some medical issues like bee stings, cuts, headaches etc. you will be able to consult with a pharmacist! This is not the case in Canada and I found it super helpful to go to pharmacists while traveling around Greece

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is so true!

I remember back about 10 years ago I needed an inhaler for my asthma while in Greece. We went to the local pharmacy in the middle of the night and it was closed. We rang the bell and the pharmacist woke up (apartment was over the business) and opened up for us and sold me an inhaler no questions asked.

I was floored how great the service was and the pharmacies in Greece can be really great if you have a small thing you need help with. (of course, no substitute for a hospital if you need real medical attention!)

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

If you have some medical issues like bee stings, cuts, headaches etc. you will be able to consult with a pharmacist! This is not the case in Canada and I found it super helpful to go to pharmacists while traveling around Greece
I agree. My dad got bitten be A LOT of kounoupia (??? Not sure what these are in English) and he had bites all over his arms. They gave him a great cream at the pharmacist (Apothiki) that healed the rash in just a few days.

Happy Holidays everyone!!🎄🎄❤️ 🎆

Just wanted to wish all here warm wishes wherever you are..... Hope my contributions, knowledge and efforts to keep you all informed with the very best of contents have been useful.... Expect even more in the near future!❤️.... Love and hugs and kisses!

Which island group is your favourite?

Best trip connections from Phila, Pa to Crete?

Preliminarily planning a belated 50th Anniversary Trip 3 years later from Phila, PA to Crete for late August/ early September and trying to find the "best connections". Length of stay at least 8 - 10 days, depending on the connections. So far I see PHL to ATH is 9 1/2 hours, ATH to Crete is 50 minutes. PHL to London is 6+ hours, London to Crete 5+ hours. While total times are within a couple of hours of each other, also trying to factor in the wear & tear on these ole bods. Will be using American Airline miles so that will restrict carriers. Would appreciate any suggesttions/recommendations from anyone that's made this trek. Thank you in advance!

Tripadvisor: Greek Destinations Among ‘Best of the Best’ Places to Travel in 2023

So there we have it! Greek Destinations amongst the best places travel!....Well for a start they always have been for the last 50 years plus!😂😂....and the funny thing is when they decide Rome has the best culinary experiences!....I nearly fell off my hammock laughing reading this!😂😂...I will never know how they quantify, great PR for us all the same!👍👍.....No Mykonos oh my god what are we going to do?.😂.. Actually Andros, Syros, Milos and Folegandros are the places to visit!

Great Neighborhoods to Visit in Athens?

I know that Athens is a big city, and I tend to do the same things all the time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love what I end up doing in the city. Here is where I visit:

• Plaka - it's touristy, but I love it
  • Monastiraki - I really love the flea market!
  • Syntagma - I like to hang around at the square and poke around
  • Kifisia - I love shopping!
I know there is a ton to do. I want to branch out!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube