1 - 3 of 3 Posts

francescool

If you have some medical issues like bee stings, cuts, headaches etc. you will be able to consult with a pharmacist! This is not the case in Canada and I found it super helpful to go to pharmacists while traveling around Greece

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is so true!

I remember back about 10 years ago I needed an inhaler for my asthma while in Greece. We went to the local pharmacy in the middle of the night and it was closed. We rang the bell and the pharmacist woke up (apartment was over the business) and opened up for us and sold me an inhaler no questions asked.

I was floored how great the service was and the pharmacies in Greece can be really great if you have a small thing you need help with. (of course, no substitute for a hospital if you need real medical attention!)

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

If you have some medical issues like bee stings, cuts, headaches etc. you will be able to consult with a pharmacist! This is not the case in Canada and I found it super helpful to go to pharmacists while traveling around Greece
I agree. My dad got bitten be A LOT of kounoupia (??? Not sure what these are in English) and he had bites all over his arms. They gave him a great cream at the pharmacist (Apothiki) that healed the rash in just a few days.

Porto Katsiki in Lefkada is one of the best beaches!

Porto Katsiki is definitely one of the best beaches in Lefkada and probably the west coast of Greece. I suggest that you go to the beach pretty early, as the parking gets filled up and it will be difficult to find free parking. I personally like to go to organize beaches, which there are plenty of. You can also find a secluded area of the beach that is open to the public, and you’re able to bring your own towels, umbrellas, and food. Enjoy!

New Tourism campaign!

Similar to my story from the early 90s..... Greece gave me my life back, healed me,rejuvenated me, made me worthy of carrying on and rebuilding my future and the rest is a very long love story♥️♥️.....I think the readers here feel what I contribute and share here!❤️❤️

Greece is the word for summer holidays.

Where to travel in Greece if you love wine!

If you love wine, Greece is some of the best places to go to! There are great wines all over Greece, but certain areas are revered for their high quality grapes and crisp wines. Some of my personal favorites are Santorini wines. For Santorini, I specifically recommend Assyrtiko which is the white wine that is produced most from Santorini. The second best place to go to Greece for wine is Thrace which is best if you like red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon which is also popular in regions from across the world. I know Crete is also popular, but I have never been so I cannot comment on their wines!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter