1 - 3 of 3 Posts

francescool

If you have some medical issues like bee stings, cuts, headaches etc. you will be able to consult with a pharmacist! This is not the case in Canada and I found it super helpful to go to pharmacists while traveling around Greece

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is so true!

I remember back about 10 years ago I needed an inhaler for my asthma while in Greece. We went to the local pharmacy in the middle of the night and it was closed. We rang the bell and the pharmacist woke up (apartment was over the business) and opened up for us and sold me an inhaler no questions asked.

I was floored how great the service was and the pharmacies in Greece can be really great if you have a small thing you need help with. (of course, no substitute for a hospital if you need real medical attention!)

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

If you have some medical issues like bee stings, cuts, headaches etc. you will be able to consult with a pharmacist! This is not the case in Canada and I found it super helpful to go to pharmacists while traveling around Greece
I agree. My dad got bitten be A LOT of kounoupia (??? Not sure what these are in English) and he had bites all over his arms. They gave him a great cream at the pharmacist (Apothiki) that healed the rash in just a few days.

What is the best spa in Greece?

I am a total spa lover!! I love going to a spa to unwind and relax while on vacation and treating myself to a complete spa experience. I am debating on where to go in Greece this year and I would love to see some great spa locations, preferably a hotel with a spa attached so it is most convenient (I don't like to rent a car). Does anyone have recommendations and personal experiences at a great Greek spa? I am looking to get a massage and perhaps sit in a sauna and jacuzzi. Extra services are a bonus!

Greece Joins Switzerland in Removing All Entry Restrictions!

How expensive is it to travel around the Ionian islands by boat?

Chartering a boat to travel around the Greek Islands is something that I've always wanted to do but that I always assumed wasn't feasible. Has anyone done this with a big group and found that it's a little bit cheaper? Are there any packages or any tips that you recommend for going around the island that would make this a little bit cheaper?

Greece returns to ‘normal’ Easter tourism after two years pandemic hiatus!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter