1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

Best Ancient Ruins to See in Mykonos?

I'm planning a trip to Mykonos and I'm particularly interested in exploring its ancient ruins. I’ve heard that the island has a rich history, and I’d love to include some historical sites in my itinerary. Could anyone recommend the best ancient ruins to visit in Mykonos? Here are a few specifics I’m hoping to learn more about:
  1. Top Ruins to Visit: Which ruins are considered must-sees on the island? Are there any that stand out due to their historical significance or state of preservation?
  2. Visitor Information: Are there any tips for visiting these sites, such as best times to go, entry fees, or guided tour options?
  3. Historical Context: I’d appreciate any background information or interesting historical facts about the ruins. Understanding the history behind the sites would make the visits even more enriching.
  4. Accessibility: Are the ruins easily accessible for travelers, or are there any challenges in reaching them (e.g., remote locations, rugged terrain)?
  5. Personal Experiences: If anyone has personal experiences or photos from their visits to these ancient ruins, I’d love to hear about them!

Best Mykonos beaches for families?

I'm planning a family vacation to Mykonos and would love some recommendations on the best family-friendly beaches. With a couple of toddlers in tow, I'm looking for beaches that are not only beautiful but also safe for the little ones to play around and paddle in the water.

Additionally, amenities like clean restrooms, nearby places to grab a bite to eat, and shaded areas would be a huge plus. We want to avoid the party scenes and opt for more serene spots where we can build sandcastles and enjoy the waves without too much worry.

If anyone has experiences or suggestions they'd like to share, I'm all ears! What beaches in Mykonos have you found to be particularly good for families? Any tips on the best times to go, or advice on must-bring items?

mykonos-beaches-families.jpg

Good spas in Mykonos?

I'm planning a trip to Mykonos and I'm on the lookout for some amazing spa experiences. I've heard that this beautiful island has some top-notch wellness centers, but I'd love to get some personal recommendations from those who have been there.

What I'm looking for in a spa:
  • Luxurious treatments
  • Serene atmosphere
  • Professional and friendly staff
  • Great value for money
If you've had a fantastic spa experience in Mykonos, please share the name of the spa and any treatments you particularly enjoyed. I'd also appreciate any tips on the best times to visit and any must-try services.

Adventure activities in Mykonos

I'm planning an upcoming trip to Mykonos and I'm looking for some recommendations on adventure activities to do while I'm there. I know the island is famous for its beaches and nightlife, but I’m interested in exploring its adventurous side.

What are some must-try activities for thrill-seekers? Are there any specific water sports, hiking trails, or unique experiences you would recommend? Also, any tips on the best places or companies to book these activities with would be greatly appreciated.

I’d love to hear about your personal experiences and any advice you have for making the most of an adventurous stay in Mykonos. Thanks!

Great Photo Spots on Mykonos?

I'm planning a trip to Mykonos and I’m super excited about capturing some beautiful moments on camera. I've heard this island is a paradise for photographers, and I want to make sure I don’t miss out on any must-see spots. Some questions:
  • Iconic Locations: Are there any landmarks or famous locations that are a must for photography?
  • Hidden Gems: Do you have any favorite lesser-known spots for photos that might not be so crowded?
  • Sunsets and Sunrises: Where are the best places to catch the sunrise and sunset?
  • Local Tips: Any other tips or advice for getting great shots on Mykonos?
Looking forward to hearing your recommendations and experiences! Thanks in advance for your help.
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back