1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

Galotiri is made in Epirus and Thessaly and can be used in a number of recipes.
Here are two recipes I found:

Attachments

• galotiri-greek-cheese-720x510.jpeg
    galotiri-greek-cheese-720x510.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

k_tsoukalas

This cheese looks delicious! Thank you for sharing it. Do you know how it is used in cooking?

How to make ekmek kataifi pie!!

I love making ekmek katifi but in a pie shape! It's great for parties and for sharing and in my opinion, it's a bit more presentable than making it the classic pan. I first saw it in a bakery in Greece and thought i'd try it out at home. The recipe is the same, just use a circular pie dish.

This is the recipe I like: https://www.siftnwhisk.com/greek-ekmek-kataifi-with-pistachios/

ekmek.jpg

How authentic Greek feta is made

This process is just so cool

This is what a true Greek breakfast looks like!

My aunt made this for me yesterday :) frigania with butter and honey (peanut butter as well if you like a more American flavour)

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.36.07 AM.png

How do you drink your frappe?

I like mine sweet with no milk (gliko xoris gala)! My wife gets hers with a lot of milk (hence the PG in the picture, police gala ahahaha) What about you guys?

IMG_2039.jpg

If you are ordering for a group, order pikilia!!

Pikilia means ordering a little bit of everything on a plate. Last night we ordered meat pikilia and it was perfect for a crowd :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.57.45 PM.png
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter