1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Hash

Valeron and Band Live at the Light House in Mykonos!
This is was where we stopped for snacks and refreshments before continuing the Jeep Safari.Enjoy Mykonos, better than any travel videos!❤️❤️👌👌

Reactions: mj_toronto8
Beautiful music, I've never heard of this band before they are so talented. Greek folk music is one of my favorites for sure, even without words the music has so much soul

Reactions: Hash
They are very famous.... Greek classical music at its best.... plenty more to come!❤️👌👌
Beautiful music, I've never heard of this band before they are so talented. Greek folk music is one of my favorites for sure, even without words the music has so much soul

Valeron and Band Live at the Light House in Mykonos!
This is was where we stopped for snacks and refreshments before continuing the Jeep Safari.Enjoy Mykonos, better than any travel videos!❤️❤️👌👌

Wow, this is enchanting music! Such stunning scenery, too. What a beautiful place.

Reactions: mj_toronto8
Reactions: xmelissaa

Getting Around on Mykonos

I was in a Mykonos last year as a cruise stop, and I found trying to figure out how to get around to be very annoying. I couldn't find the bus stops, I didn't know how to buy a ticket, I had a hard time finding a bathroom on the way to the bus stop I finally figured out I needed.

I thought I would do some research. What could I have done differently? I found this video to be very helpful.

Packing for Mykonos Trip

I am going to be in Mykonos mid-September. Is it still warm enough for some solid beach time?

During the trip we will also be sightseeing, going out for dinner, doing some boating (friends), and maybe renting jet skis or something like that.

Latest I have ever been to Mykonos has been mid-August. Is the weather in September that much different?

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?

Best photo spots in Mykonos?

I want to document my next trip to Mykonos with some great photos.

Does anyone have personal favorites or insider tips on the best spots for photography in Mykonos? I'm interested in both, the well-known attractions and those off-the-beaten-path locations that offer unique perspectives of the island's charm.

Also, if there are specific times of day that bring out the magic of these places (think golden hour or less crowded moments), I'd love to hear about that too!

Any tips on local etiquette regarding photography would also be greatly appreciated. I aim to be respectful of the people and the culture during my visit.

How do you find the "good" parties on Mykonos?

I went to only one of the beach clubs on Mykonos and it wasn't really my vibe. Yet, I constantly see people partying in Mykonos and it looks fun and they're having a blast. How do these people find those parties?

My questions:

• Are many of these parties private events?
  • Are there clubs away from the beaches that are known for their nightlife and DJs?
  • Are there different DJs that go to Mykonos? Maybe I can find out about the parties by tracking the DJs?
Another possibility is maybe the party scene really isn't my thing. I appreciate all your thoughts!
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back