1 - 7 of 7 Posts

paharo45

I absolutely love castles! This is not something you think about when traveling to Greece but its a great gem

Tpebop

nothing much is left.like most " castles " on Rhodes just a pile of stones.

Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

nothing much is left.like most " castles " on Rhodes just a pile of stones.
that's sad to hear....do you still recommend visiting?

Tpebop

look on Youtube & you decide.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few additional resources to look at with the Monolithos Castle in Rhodes:

k_tsoukalas

Administrator
There are so many neat looking castles throughout Europe. Many of my favorites came from the Venetians. This looks like a gem that is worth a visit in Rhodes!

Web cameras on Rhodes

There are several cameras. go to youtube.com
search for DHMOS RODOY

Visiting the Lindos Acropolis

In my research about the island of Rhodes, I have spent a lot of time learning about the Knights of Saint John and their influence on the island. Then I realized that there's an ancient history here, too.

Has anyone visited the Lindos Acropolis? Do you think I should take a tour or can I learn about it on my own?

I plan to visit next September - do I need to book things in advance? From what I understand the island gets pretty hot, so I was hoping some of the heat would mitigated in September.

Holiday season coming to a close in Greece & the islands

Soon tavernas/bars & shops will be closing until 2024.By mid november it will be very quiet.

Traveling to Rhodes this Year?

I have a friend who was supposed to go to Rhodes this year as part of a cruise. This isn't until September. She saw about the fires and is freaking out a little bit. The cruise company hasn't been in touch yet.

Do you guys have any advice on what she should do, so I can pass it along to her? She's not online much so I thought I'd post this for her.

Taking a boat trip around Rhodes?

Has anyone ever taken a boat trip around the island of Rhodes?

From what I've researched, there are a plethora of options, from luxurious yachts to quaint sailing boats, each promising an unforgettable journey across the Aegean Sea. 🌊

What I'm Looking For:

• Recommendations for boat tour companies you trust.
  • Tips on hidden gems and must-see spots along the coastline or nearby islets.
  • Any advice on the best time of day or year for smooth sailing.
  • Insights on what to bring apart from the obvious (sunscreen, hat, camera—you get the drift).
Anything you can help me with is very much appreciated!
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT