1 - 7 of 7 Posts

paharo45

I absolutely love castles! This is not something you think about when traveling to Greece but its a great gem

Tpebop

nothing much is left.like most " castles " on Rhodes just a pile of stones.

Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

nothing much is left.like most " castles " on Rhodes just a pile of stones.
that's sad to hear....do you still recommend visiting?

Tpebop

look on Youtube & you decide.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few additional resources to look at with the Monolithos Castle in Rhodes:

k_tsoukalas

There are so many neat looking castles throughout Europe. Many of my favorites came from the Venetians. This looks like a gem that is worth a visit in Rhodes!

Did you know that Rhodes is a medieval island?

Rhodes has so much more history than we know! This video showcases how its truly a medieval island :)

Typical dishes from the island of Greece!

These are some of Rhodes' most traditional dishes!

Why you should visit Ancient Kamiros in Rhodes

Kamiros is a beautiful archeological site that is about 50km from Rhodes Town. I recommend driving there for sure, its always easiest. This town used to be one of the main cities in Rhodes and it was abandoned after it was damaged by an earthquake. I highly suggest visiting if you love history!!

ancient-kamiros-rhodes-900x504.jpg

These are the best family activities to do in Rhodes

These are great family actives. I went with my family to Rhodes right before covid and my nieces and nephews has a great time! I would definitely recommend it for anyone who is traveling with small kids!

Hydrobiological Station of Rhodes aka Rhodes Aquarium is amazing!

Faliraki Beach and Water Park are a great two in one, you could spend the whole day here for sure.

Valley of the Butterflies is great if you're visiting from June and September.

Did you know about the bee museum in Rhodes?

I love everything natural and holistic! Honey and propolis are a great source of vitamins and immunity boosts, so I love everything that has to do with bees!! And everyone, please protect bees!! They are so important for our environment. The bee museum shows tradition and history of beekeeping, including the four types of beehives that exist and the methods by which they get honey. There are transparent beehives where you can see how the honey is made :)
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter