1 - 3 of 3 Posts

efhernandez_

These are for sure some of the best restaurants in Corfu, in no particular order of course!

Oinos kai Geuseis
Anthos
The Venetian Well
La Tavolda Calda
Taverna Diporto

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing!! We will keep this list on hand, next time we travel to Corfu!

k_tsoukalas

These are for sure some of the best restaurants in Corfu, in no particular order of course!

Oinos kai Geuseis
Anthos
The Venetian Well
La Tavolda Calda
Taverna Diporto

This is a great list! I will keep it in mind, too, for the next time I go to Corfu.

Are there any hiking trails in Corfu?

Hiking while traveling is something that I am starting to do more and more, especially hiking to catch the sunset and sunrise. If anyone has any good recommendations on where I can go in Corfu to go hiking, I would really appreciate it. I have found that in traveling and hiking, there are many trails that are unmarked and can be a bit dangerous to hike. I personally prefer walking on trails that are marked and have clear pathways so that I don't get lost, especially in a foreign country. Thanks!

You must try sofrito when visiting Corfu

Sofrito is one of Greece's best regional dishes! The recipe consists of a sauce made from parsley and spices that are used to marinade veal. The dish is a stew, which is super popular in Greece although most stews are called "kokinista" which are stews with tomato sauce. This stew is one of the few in Greece that is not made from a red sauce which is why you should really try it when you're visiting Corfu!!

Corfus strange yet fun tradition of smashing pots on Holy Saturday

Greeks seem to have an obsession with smashing pots! Opa! In Corfu, there is an old tradition that is near and dear to my hear called Botides. This is when people smash pots filled with water from their windows and balconies on Holy Saturday. In the Greek Orthodox religion, Holy Saturday is when the first resurrection, when Christ brought salvation to the dead. The tradition of Botides is most popular in Corfu, but can also be seen in other parts of Greece.

Have you ever thought to visit Corfus aquarium?

Corfu has a wonderful aquarium that should definitely be on your itinerary when visiting the island. One of the best parts of the aquarium is that you're able to take an underwater cruise through a submarine that has glass where you can look through and see all of Greece's beautiful marine wildlife. It's a great trip for a young couple or anyone with kids looking to explore and learn about Greece's marine life. Here is a link for anyone interested.

Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter