1 - 2 of 2 Posts

auroracoor1

I love Annas blog :) check out her short description and tips on visiting the monastery with some great pictures. Oh how I love the look of old buildings

k_tsoukalas

There is some great information on this site - thank you for sharing it!

Post your Kefalonia pictures!!

I would love to see everyones pics! Here is Melissni cave 😍😍😍

Melissani-Cave-720x480.jpg

Single travellers

I am arriving in Argostoli at the end of May. I am a single traveller, dont drive, quite elderly! Anyone have suggestions re trips/excursions? (Am a seasoned visitor to the island).

Kefalonia has a brand new and sustainable wind farm!

I am so happy the Greece is becoming more sustainable because we deserve it! There is so much great innovation that is coming out of Greece like this new wind farm in Kefalonia! It reminds me of the classic wind mills that I have seen in Mykonos and all over Greece. It is great that Greece is taking advantage of its natural resources like solar power and wind power and I am curious to see how this expands into tourism options like eco-tourism that I see becoming popular in other countries.

Where is the best place to go diving and snorkelling in Kefalonia?

Which beach is ideal for diving and snorkelling? I would love to see some killer coral reefs!

Learn about Saint Gerasimus, the patron saint of Kefalonia

This video shows church services straight from Kefalonia on the saints day of Saint Gerasimus who is the patron saint of Kefalonia. Regions in Greece will have what is called a patron saint, who is said to protect and watch over the island. As you will see in the video, everyone from the surrounding area and villages will gather for this very important celebration and ceremony, it is truly a delight to see!

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter