1 - 9 of 9 Posts

paharo45

Reactions: ladytina

ladytina

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

This is an iconic monument in Thessaloniki! It definitely stands out. Thanks for sharing about it.
Any recommendations for something nice to do in the area nearby?

ladytina

Any recommendations for something nice to do in the area nearby?
Well there's more to see in the gardens itself - it's called the "Alexander the Great Gardens". It's a bit of a meetup spot for local youth, and buskers congregate here as well. There's a theater here, sunbathers, benches to sit by the water... it's a nice spot.

Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

Well there's more to see in the gardens itself - it's called the "Alexander the Great Gardens". It's a bit of a meetup spot for local youth, and buskers congregate here as well. There's a theater here, sunbathers, benches to sit by the water... it's a nice spot.
I love buskers!! Live music is my favorite :)

ladytina

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

This video captures the serene energy during the day perfectly! Theres even someone busking (playing live music)

k_tsoukalas

Thank you for sharing this! Thessaloniki is such a gorgeous city.

ladytina

You're welcome! I recommend seeing this monument. It's great, right in the middle of everything, and it's comforting to see.

Calling all artists! Submit your documentaries to the Thessaloniki documentary film festival

The Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival is an annual international competition that showcases artists from around the world that create some of the best documentaries. The submission ends pretty soon on January 12! Your documentary must be over 70 minutes long to be eligible for entry into the film festival. I am excited too see all of the submissions and see who ends up winning the award! Best of luck to all of the filmmakers. Here is the link for more information https://www.athina984.gr/en/2022/01...st-apo-to-festival-ntokimanter-thessalonikis/

Eating and drinking your way through Thessaloniki!

This video offers some great suggestions! Ill definitely be checking these places out when I plan to go this winter :)

Visit Thessalonikis Christmas market!

What's better than a Greek Christmas market in Thessaloniki offering the best of the best from all around the city??! Christmas markets are a great place to walk around and enjoy the festivities and lights, and get some last-minute local gifts. I stumbled upon this link while researching some activities to do in the city for a friend of mine who has never been to Greece. If anyone else has some recommendations for Christmas time activities in Thessaloniki I would really appreciate it.

Xan square is a great place to visit in Thessaloniki!

This square was originally named after the Christian Brotherhood of the Youth of Thessaloniki, also known as XAN for short. You can visit the State Museum of Contemporary Art, the Tower of OTE and International Trade Fair!! I highly suggest you check it out

Do I have to pay to visit monasteries in Thessaloniki?

I was thinking to visit Panagia Ikosifinissa, Vlatadon and Agia Theodora. Do I have to pay to enter? If so, about how much is it per monastery?
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter