1 - 7 of 7 Posts

paharo45

Reactions: ladytina

ladytina

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

This is an iconic monument in Thessaloniki! It definitely stands out. Thanks for sharing about it.
Any recommendations for something nice to do in the area nearby?

ladytina

Any recommendations for something nice to do in the area nearby?
Well there's more to see in the gardens itself - it's called the "Alexander the Great Gardens". It's a bit of a meetup spot for local youth, and buskers congregate here as well. There's a theater here, sunbathers, benches to sit by the water... it's a nice spot.

Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

Well there's more to see in the gardens itself - it's called the "Alexander the Great Gardens". It's a bit of a meetup spot for local youth, and buskers congregate here as well. There's a theater here, sunbathers, benches to sit by the water... it's a nice spot.
I love buskers!! Live music is my favorite :)

ladytina

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

This video captures the serene energy during the day perfectly! Theres even someone busking (playing live music)

Bougatsa is a must try dessert from Thessaloniki!

I've been eyeing this dessert for quite some time, it's a classic and eaten for breakfast! I've been dying to try it

Take a cruise to Mount Athos from Thessaloniki!

This is a great thing to do if you're wanting to do some excursions in the city! There are even some cruises with a glass bottom where you can see all of the beautiful sea life below. :) I highly recommend it

Xan square is a great place to visit in Thessaloniki!

This square was originally named after the Christian Brotherhood of the Youth of Thessaloniki, also known as XAN for short. You can visit the State Museum of Contemporary Art, the Tower of OTE and International Trade Fair!! I highly suggest you check it out

Learn about the impact of WWII on Thessaloniki at the War Museum

During World War II, Thessaloniki was faced more damages with over 800 buildings being destroyed and 231 people killed in November 1940 alone when Fascist Italy attempted to take the city. I learned about this rich history at the War Museum in Thessaloniki, which is also located very close to a bunch of other museums in the city like the Museum of Byzantine Culture and The Olympic Museum.

Are there trains from Thessaloniki to Athens?

I would love to travel quickly by train from Thessaloniki to Athens...is this possible?
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter