1 - 9 of 9 Posts

paharo45

Reactions: ladytina

ladytina

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

This is an iconic monument in Thessaloniki! It definitely stands out. Thanks for sharing about it.
Any recommendations for something nice to do in the area nearby?

ladytina

Any recommendations for something nice to do in the area nearby?
Well there's more to see in the gardens itself - it's called the "Alexander the Great Gardens". It's a bit of a meetup spot for local youth, and buskers congregate here as well. There's a theater here, sunbathers, benches to sit by the water... it's a nice spot.

Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

Well there's more to see in the gardens itself - it's called the "Alexander the Great Gardens". It's a bit of a meetup spot for local youth, and buskers congregate here as well. There's a theater here, sunbathers, benches to sit by the water... it's a nice spot.
I love buskers!! Live music is my favorite :)

ladytina

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

This video captures the serene energy during the day perfectly! Theres even someone busking (playing live music)

k_tsoukalas

Thank you for sharing this! Thessaloniki is such a gorgeous city.

ladytina

You're welcome! I recommend seeing this monument. It's great, right in the middle of everything, and it's comforting to see.

What neighborhoods do you recommend that I visit in Thessaloniki?

I’m only planning on going to Thessaloniki for a couple of days so I’m wondering what would be the best neighborhoods to visit. Personally, I’m not looking for anything super touristy. I like to go out to eat and shop around, and usually go back to my hotel around 10pm, so not much nightlife for me. Let me know what you all think!!

What does everyone like about Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki is one of the most unique places in Greece! Its way better than Athens in my opinion, it has everything that a big city has to offer but it also has a small town and waterfront vibe. Do you agree with what was said in the video? Or do you have your own perceptions about what is good and bad about the city? Let me know!

Katerini is a great tourist town outside of Thessaloniki

Katerini is a lesser known beach and tourist town near Thessaloniki. There are some great restaurants right by the water that are very authentic and offer many different options like meze as well as home style Greek food. I’ve only visited once but I plan on going again when I visit Thessaloniki. Have any of you visited.

The Arch of Galerius is one of Thessalonikis most famous landmark

Thessaloniki has two very famous landmarks: the white tower and the the arch of galerius. The history behind this arch is actually very fascinating, it was built in 305 C.E. to signify Galerius’ win from the Persian empire. The arch is now a very popular tourist site, and there is an open space around it where people walk around and enjoy the view of the water. You will definitely stumble upon it on your next trip to Thessaloniki.

What do Athenians think about Thessaloniki?

Before any Athenians or Greeks get their feelings hurt in the comments, please know that this video was just for fun! Personally, I love both Athens and Thessaloniki and have had great experiences in both places. I have found that Athens is very beautiful during Christmas time, and I prefer to travel there in the off-season since it can get very hot during the summer and pretty empty during August. Thessaloniki is great during the summer because it's right by the water so you can enjoy that cool ocean breeze.

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter