1 - 2 of 2 Posts

acamp7

The Symposium Cultural Center is a fantastic place to go to when youre visiting the island. You will have access to everything from Greek food, art, history and culture through exhibitions and workshops. If you like hands on activities, I highly recommend that you sign up for a workshops with your friends or family when you visit. It is a great bonding activity and a nice way to experience all that Santorini has to offer. Here is the website and some links

https://www.symposionsantorini.com

k_tsoukalas

The Symposium Cultural Center is a fantastic place to go to when youre visiting the island. You will have access to everything from Greek food, art, history and culture through exhibitions and workshops. If you like hands on activities, I highly recommend that you sign up for a workshops with your friends or family when you visit. It is a great bonding activity and a nice way to experience all that Santorini has to offer. Here is the website and some links

This is an interesting idea. I always see artists in Santorini painting and using the island as inspiration, and I had no idea that I could take classes!

You must visit the hot springs in Santorini

The Hot Springs in Santorini are one of the best natural springs that you can go to in Greece. They are heated by the islands volcano that is underneath the ocean, causing the springs to be extremely warm and offer a very relaxing experience. There are two small islands near Santorini in which you can be able to access the Hot Springs. You will need to take a boat to Nea Kameni or Palea Kameni. You will notice that the water is slightly yellow, but this is because it has a higher amount of sulphur than regular seawater, so no need to be alarmed. I hope you enjoy the Hot Springs!

The best place to go scuba diving in Santorini

Santorini is one of the best places to go scuba diving because the island was created from a volcano many years ago which makes the sea life very different from other areas of Greece. There are very unique Coral reef Sandrock formations that have come from the volcano, and as always, the sea is teeming with wildlife. I highly recommend visiting Caldera Lagoon and arranging that you go scuba diving there. There are a few local schools that you should call ahead of time to schedule your slot. Best of luck!

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.

Visit the Symposium Cultural Center in Santorini

These are the top two foods to try in Santorini!

Santorini has some of the best sunsets, but also some of the best food! The island has so many fantastic restaurants, many of which are taking a modern twist on traditional Greek cuisine. Two of the must try foods that are local dishes in Santorini are domatokeftedes (tomato fritters) and fava. Here are pictures of both dishes!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter