1 - 7 of 7 Posts

mastichas09

I have become really fascinated with the religious history of Greece, and I thought I would take some time to visit churches when I visit Greece. I am making a list of churches to visit- here is what I have so far. Feel free to chime in:

** Saint Spyridon - Corfu

** Saint Marina - Athens

** Saint Dimitrios - Thessaloniki

Vangelis

Saints Isidore on Lycavitos

And of course the monasteries of Meteora.

And if you want to go further back in time:
Parthenon - Temple of Athena and Temple of Poseidon
Temple of Zeus in Athens
Temple of Poseidon at Sounio
Temple of Apollo on Naxos

Make sure that you will visit also the following churches in Thessaloniki:

Church of Agios Nikolaos Orphanos
Church of St. Athanasios
Church of Hosios David
Church of the Holy Apostles
Church of Hagia Sophia
Rotonda

Hash

I have become really fascinated with the religious history of Greece, and I thought I would take some time to visit churches when I visit Greece. I am making a list of churches to visit- here is what I have so far. Feel free to chime in:

** Saint Marina - Athens

The church of Panagia Evangelistria -Tinos

Reactions: k_tsoukalas

Hash

** Saint Marina - Athens

The church of Panagia Evangelistria -Tinos
I used to promote this religious Excursion in many languages!

Reactions: k_tsoukalas

k_tsoukalas

These seem like great choices! Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of any I have visited - usually a taxi driver or a tour took me to a place, and I enjoyed them all but forgot all of their names. Most were on Crete, one was near or in Athens. I know that doesn't help much LOL.

Reactions: Hash

Hash

These seem like great choices! Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of any I have visited - usually a taxi driver or a tour took me to a place, and I enjoyed them all but forgot all of their names. Most were on Crete, one was near or in Athens. I know that doesn't help much LOL.
Good that you visited them anyways..... names of churches are not easy to remember!!...we went to a very beautiful church for my friend's baby's baptism in Athens...... There are very beautiful churches in Glyfada and also in Syros.

Last edited:

Best place for fresh seafood in Greece?

One of the things I love about Greece is the abundance of fresh seafood. What is your favorite destination for enjoying seafood? I know that any coastal area of Greece will have only he best, but I didn't know if you had some standout places. I love heading down to the shore as the fishing boats come in and watching people select what they want. One time, I asked if any of them were restaurant owners and I went afterwards to enjoy a great meal there.

Best recommendation for Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license

If you need Travel guides, Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license, or other high level documents from US, UK, Europe, Canada, Russia, Turkey and Central Asia email; expressdocumentsproducer [at] gmail dot com
WhatsApp : + 1 2 1 0 5 9 3 8 1 7 6

Greece Sets Developing Wedding, Luxury Tourism as Priority

Athens car rental question

If I rent a car in Athens, do you think that I would be able to put it on a ferry to go to another island, like Crete?

My next trip to Greece is going to include visiting a bunch of people in Athens, not all of whom are in convenient locations to the metro, and then head to Crete. I like to have a car on Crete because I want to explore. I don't want to have to rent a car in two different places. Any suggestions?

Best place to visit in Greece with a large group?

My next trip to Greece is going to happen soon - maybe late summer of 2023. At first, I thought there would be just a few of us, but the group has grown considerably. Everyone has different travel styles and everyone is chiming in about what they want from the trip. Here are what people desire:

** Good nightlife (doesn't have to be on par with Mykonos, but it has to be fun for people in their mid 20's to mid 30's)

** Shopping (the shoppers in the group aren't super picky, they like to visit souvenir shops, fashion boutiques, that kind of thing)

** Beaches (we all agree on this one - and most of us prefer an organized beach with some restaurants and shops nearby, or close to the place we are staying)

** Outdoor sports - we have a few avid hikers in the group, a few that like things like kayaks and paddle boards, and one scuba diver

** Some of the people are budget conscious, but they have enough money to enjoy a trip to Greece as long as it isn't crazy expensive (so Mykonos or Santorini might be out for them)

** One couple might turn it into their honeymoon

** Not everyone can stay the whole time

I have a few possibilities, and I am open to advice and suggestions: Athens, Crete, Peloponnese (like Monemvasia), Thessaloniki
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube