1 - 2 of 2 Posts

greek_ggirl

The Jewish Museum honors the rich Sephardic heritage and creativity starting from the 15th century. Thessaloniki was a safe haven, in 1492 after the expulsion from Spain by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. Jewish people brought knowledge of Renaissance culture as well as Western Mediterranean languages!! So cool to learn about this history

k_tsoukalas

The Jewish Museum honors the rich Sephardic heritage and creativity starting from the 15th century. Thessaloniki was a safe haven, in 1492 after the expulsion from Spain by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. Jewish people brought knowledge of Renaissance culture as well as Western Mediterranean languages!! So cool to learn about this history
This is such an important part of Greek history and the history of Thessalokini, it is great that they have a museum dedicated to it.

The National Theatre of Northern Greece is a great place to watch shows

Do I have to pay to visit monasteries in Thessaloniki?

I was thinking to visit Panagia Ikosifinissa, Vlatadon and Agia Theodora. Do I have to pay to enter? If so, about how much is it per monastery?

How long do you recommend to spend in Thessaloniki?

Is a weekend enough? Or should I be spending more time? I don't want to do anything fancy, just the classic sightseeing and eating out. Any advice?

Are there trains from Thessaloniki to Athens?

I would love to travel quickly by train from Thessaloniki to Athens...is this possible?

Learn about the impact of WWII on Thessaloniki at the War Museum

During World War II, Thessaloniki was faced more damages with over 800 buildings being destroyed and 231 people killed in November 1940 alone when Fascist Italy attempted to take the city. I learned about this rich history at the War Museum in Thessaloniki, which is also located very close to a bunch of other museums in the city like the Museum of Byzantine Culture and The Olympic Museum.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter