1 - 3 of 3 Posts
The ruins of Ancient Kameiros are amazing. You can see the remains of the reservoir, temple and agora which will give you an accurate idea of what ancient life was like in Rhodes. When you stand at the Acropolis on the hilltop you can see the coastline of Rhodes and get a great view of the sunset if you visit in the afternoon. I really reccomend visiting, for more info you can check out this link https://www.greekboston.com/travel/ancient-kameiros-rhodes/

Reactions: cubrinj

cubrinj

The ruins of Ancient Kameiros are amazing. You can see the remains of the reservoir, temple and agora which will give you an accurate idea of what ancient life was like in Rhodes. When you stand at the Acropolis on the hilltop you can see the coastline of Rhodes and get a great view of the sunset if you visit in the afternoon. I really reccomend visiting, for more info you can check out this link https://www.greekboston.com/travel/ancient-kameiros-rhodes/
This looks beautiful! One of my goals is to visit Rhodes and travel all over the island. Is there anything to do near the ruins?

k_tsoukalas

This can be a fun place to visit! Here's an article about it:

Are there any good sports bars in Rhodes?

My friend is visiting Rhodes at the moment and I told him that this forum is a great place to ask niche questions! He's looking for a sports bar to watch the FIFA World Cup qualifiers next week, are there any good spots with big tvs that would most likely be showing the games?

Visit the Lindos Acropolis in Rhodes (Greeces second best Acropolis)!

Many people don't know that there is more than on acropolis!! This one is Rhodes has historical roots from the Ancient Greeks, Byzantines, Knights of Saint John, Turkish, and more. Some parts of the archaeological site are from as early as 300 B.C. when it was an important Doric temple. Now, it is one of the most famous archaeological sites on the island!!

Acropolis-of-Lindos-720x408.jpg

Admiring the natural beauty of Rhodes

This is one of my favorite islands in Greece for sure, and I don't really think it gets enough credit!! Just look at this natural beauty! Does anyone have pictures of Rhodes that they would like to share? I would love to see them :)

beauty-rhodes-376x220.jpg

Naturism on Rhodes

There is just one official naturist beach & that is in Faliraki.At the right hand end of Tsambika beach is a small naturist section.With care its possible so swim & sunbathe naked on other beaches.. I for example use the right hand end of the beach @ the Coralli Taverna.

Are there any beaches in Rhodes with lock boxes for valuables?

I really appreciate when beaches have lock boxes (or whatever they're called) with a place to store my phone, keys and wallet at my beach chair while im swimming. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter