1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dpappas87

I'll be traveling to Rhodes soon and I'm very interested in visiting the ruins of Kamiros. I've heard it's one of the island's hidden gems and a must-see for history buffs. Has anyone here visited? If so, I'd love to hear your advice and any tips you have for making the most out of the trip.

A few specific questions I have:
  1. Best time to visit – When is the best time of day to go to avoid crowds and heat?
  2. Getting there – Is it better to rent a car or take public transportation?
  3. Guided tours – Are there any recommended guides or tours that provide a deeper understanding of the site's history?
  4. What to bring – Any essentials I should pack for the trip?
  5. Nearby attractions – Are there any other interesting spots nearby worth checking out?
Any other tips or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

best to go early in the morning .hire a car as buses are not very frequent. you do not need a guide look up its history on line.wear sensible footwear not flip flops. look at nearby kamiros beach & kopria beach.both have good tavernas

Visiting the Ruins of Kimaros?

I'll be traveling to Rhodes soon and I'm very interested in visiting the ruins of Kamiros. I've heard it's one of the island's hidden gems and a must-see for history buffs. Has anyone here visited? If so, I'd love to hear your advice and any tips you have for making the most out of the trip.

A few specific questions I have:
  1. Best time to visit – When is the best time of day to go to avoid crowds and heat?
  2. Getting there – Is it better to rent a car or take public transportation?
  3. Guided tours – Are there any recommended guides or tours that provide a deeper understanding of the site's history?
  4. What to bring – Any essentials I should pack for the trip?
  5. Nearby attractions – Are there any other interesting spots nearby worth checking out?
Any other tips or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Any Good Nightlife in Rhodes?

I am researching the possibility of going to Rhodes but there is someone in our party who likes nightlife. Can anyone share recommendations on the best places to go for a fun night out? I'm interested in a mix of experiences, from vibrant clubs to cozy bars. What are the must-visit spots for dancing, enjoying live music, or just having a relaxing drink with a great view?

Additionally, are there any particular areas in Rhodes known for their nightlife that I should check out? I'm also curious about any local customs or tips for enjoying the nightlife scene safely and respectfully.

I'd love to hear about any hidden gems or popular favorites that shouldn't be missed. Looking forward to your suggestions and any personal experiences you can share!

Rhodes tips for couples

I am looking for tips about visiting Rhodes for couples. I will be traveling with my significant other and no one else, and this is a first traveling without other people. I am excited!

We're looking for recommendations to make the most of our time on this beautiful island. Specifically, we're interested in:
  • Charming Places to Stay: We'd appreciate suggestions for quaint, romantic accommodations that offer a memorable experience.
  • Must-See Attractions: What are the top sights that we should not miss while in Rhodes?
  • Romantic Dining: Any hidden gems or restaurants with a romantic ambiance that would be perfect for a couple?
  • Secluded Spots: Are there any less-traveled beaches or quiet spots for some quality time away from the crowds?
  • Local Experiences: We're keen on engaging in activities or experiences unique to Rhodes – anything that's a bit off the beaten path.
  • Travel Tips: Any general advice on navigating Rhodes as a couple – transportation, safety, or local customs we should be aware of?
Thanks so much!

Large Venomous Jellyfish Spotted off Greece's Rhodes -

Best Romantic Spots in Rhodes?

My partner and I are planning a trip to Rhodes, Greece, and I'm looking for some advice on the best romantic spots to visit. We want to make this trip extra special and memorable, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

To give you an idea, we're interested in places that offer stunning views, intimate dining experiences, and any hidden gems that locals or frequent visitors might know about. Whether it's a secluded beach, a charming restaurant, or a picturesque sunset spot, we'd love to hear all your recommendations.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back