1 - 2 of 2 Posts

auroracoor1

Lately I have heard so much about Theriso and how great it is, particularly the food. It seems like it is a "must visit" on Crete. What do you guys think? Do you have any advice for me? I have been looking into Cretan cuisine and wanting to collect information for my next trip to Greece.

k_tsoukalas

This village is super cute and worth a visit. I would take some time to walk around and really get a feel for it, and then stop in on a taverna and get a bite to eat. I ate there, but unfortunately don't remember the name of the restaurant.

Visiting Theriso on Crete.. Advice?

Lately I have heard so much about Theriso and how great it is, particularly the food. It seems like it is a "must visit" on Crete. What do you guys think? Do you have any advice for me? I have been looking into Cretan cuisine and wanting to collect information for my next trip to Greece.

Guided Hikes Down the Samarian Gorge?

I am thinking of putting the Samaria Gorge on my Greek Bucket List but I feel like I need more information. In my research, I can see that one should start at the top, hike down, and then allow some time to explore the village at the end and get something to eat, maybe even sit at the beach. So, this seems like an all day thing? It seems totally doable and I am in decent shape, but I am nervous and need more information.

Are there any guided tours that will take me through the process?

Where can I see live traditional Cretan dancing?

I would love to get a taste of the Cretan culture and see some traditional dancing next time that I'm in Crete. Does anyone have recommendations about where would be a good place to see live dancing? I've seen some tourist oriented places in Athens for dancing online that I am planning to visit as well. Thanks in advance! :)

Where Exactly is the Cave of Zeus?

Where can I eat Cretan food outside of Crete?

Cretan cuisine is some of the best that I’ve ever tried. I don’t visit the island too often, but I do visit mainland Greece. I have two young kids, and the trip to Athens is already enough for them. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on Cretan cuisine in Athens or Attiki specifically, but anywhere else on the mainland would do (Corinth for example). I would love to try out some spots. 😊
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube