1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

Can you pass this Greek geography quiz?

I'm so curious to see how much everyone knows about Greek geography. Personally, I know very little so it's super interesting to see how actual Greeks did with these questions.

The history of the Greek Orthodox Church

The history of the Greek Orthodox Church is so great and vast, it is even said that it was established while Jesus and his Apostles were alive. It was in 1054 when the Orthodox church split from the Catholic Church, this was when the Greek Orthodox Church became what we now know it as today. Though it is often contested by many, Greek Orthodox Christians believe that the Orthodox Church was the church established by Jesus Christ himself.

These are some of the most famous Greek historical figures

Because Greece has such a long history, there are so many historical figures to choose from.... from ancient Greeks to modern artists. This is my personal list, and please let me know what you think and add some of your favorites. Also, keep in mind that these are listed in no particular order!

-Plato
-Aristotle
-Kolokotronis
-Onassis
-Socrates
-Alexander the Great
-Kazantzakis
-Constantinos Cavafis
-Mixalis Theodorakis

The Athens Polytechnic uprising is a critical moment in Greeces history

This uprising was led by students who opposed the military occupation of Greece in the 1970s. The students took over the Athens Polytechnic University building in protest of the occupation, and were faced with a very strong and violent response from the Greek military. Today, protesters from across the country will rebel against the government in memory of the uprising and to make their voices heard about present day issues. For anyone who is recommended in Greek history, I recommend that you read more about this uprising and its impact on Greece's politics.

Well,at last hope commences!

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter