1 - 1 of 1 Posts

nadellii

This is so exciting! Italy has just returned some fragments of marble from the Parthenon that originally belonged to Greece. This is a result of discussions that have been happening in the UK for quite some time. I am happy to see that Italy is taking quick action, hopefully the UK will use this as inspiration to take a final push and return all of the marbles that rightfully belong to Greece.

Reactions: Hash

Agries Melisses is a fantastic Greek tv show about the military occupation

This TV show is making waves in Greece! It is a drama about the military junta that happened in the 1960's and 70's in Greece and shows the lives of different families who are with and against the government. It is a good show to watch with family (older kids) to learn about Greek history and culture. There is a bit of politics and a bit of romance so everyone can watch and be captivated. The show airs on ANT1!

I Roza tis Smirnis (Roza of Smyrna) is a beautiful Greek movie set back in time

This is one of my favourite Greek movies where I got to learn about Greek history without it being a boring documentary! This movie is in present day and in history and goes over the history of Smyrna which is a very important city in the history of the Byzantine and Ottoman empire. The story follows a young woman who is made aware of the tragic past other families history as a result of the genocide in 1922 and the burning of the city of Smyrna.

Check out this webinar about the Greek immigrant experience

Excellent webinar, describes a Greek immigrant experience in the United States. Presentation is brought by the Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum and includes interviews and presentations by experts and professionals. Absolute favourite part of the presentation was looking at the images from the historical archives which show images dating back to the 1900's. I hope you all enjoy it!

: Steinhardt Collection: 47 stolen antiquities return to Greece!

To Kokkino Potami is the best historical Greek TV show

To Kokkino Potami (Red River) is the best tv show in Greece at the moment! It's super high budget and has amazing Greek actors. The show has only one season and follows the story of the Greek genocide and specifically Pontians (Greek ethnic group) that happened throughout the 1900's. The show is fantastic and I hope they release more seasons. Is anyone watching this show??
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter