1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nadellii

There are so many beautiful Greek traditions that many of us don’t do anymore. Personally, I don’t attend church as much as I’d like to. I usually only go for Christmas and Easter and I would love to start going more often. What are some traditions that you have lost over the years that you’d like to start doing again? 😊

k_tsoukalas

There are so many beautiful Greek traditions that many of us don’t do anymore. Personally, I don’t attend church as much as I’d like to. I usually only go for Christmas and Easter and I would love to start going more often. What are some traditions that you have lost over the years that you’d like to start doing again? 😊
I have never been to a Greek wedding in the United States that has down the "To Krevati" bed decorating tradition. I think more families in the Greek diaspora needs to do this. I tried to do it once for a Greek friend of mine so the tradition could take off here, but nobody really knew what was going on or why I was doing it. But the few of us that were decorating the bed had fun with it. Haha.

Upcoming Greek Holidays to Think About

I am really trying to reconnect with my Greek heritage and one thing I realized - my family has gotten away from some of the Greek traditions surrounding major holidays. My family used to celebrate a lot, but many of those who have kept traditions alive have passed away. Is there anything between now and Christmas? What Christmas traditions should I prepare to do this year? I found this link - what do you guys think?

Things to Know When Visiting Greece?

I found this article very helpful... I am going soon and this isn't my first time, but I still fond this helpful:

Do you have anything to add t this list? #3 - find your latest alike - really caught my eye. I am a photographer so this is a work/play type of trip and I bet I can get some great slice of life shots there.

Greek-American Thanksgiving Traditions?

My husband's Greek-American family celebrates Thanksgiving even though a lot of them are from Greece. They have a traditional Turkey meal with mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted squash, etc. I did notice that they also can't help themselves and regularly serve Greek dishes on the table like pastitsio and spanakopita. They also make these ground beef, rice, and chestnut dish they call "Greek stuffing". I am curious - what do you guys all do for a Greek-American Thanksgiving?

Learning About Greek Orthodox Religion

I am of Dominican descent and my husband and I had an Orthodox wedding, but I didn't convert. I want to learn about the religion more to better connect with him and his side of the family ... what types of things should I look at? I found this link online and found it informative. How should I learn about Greek Orthodox?

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter