1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nm1999

What do you usually serve for desserts at Greek Easter? I'm invited to a socially distanced Greek Easter gathering but I've never been to an easter party before, and I want to bring a dessert. Thanks

The Local Favour

Greek Easter is an all-you-can-eat feast so I recommend to bring something refreshing that will go well with the lamb in your stomach!
If you can find baklava, ravani or "portokalopita" (served with ice cream) it would be great. Personally, I would enjoy more a strawberry shortcake or a lemon meringue tart.

Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

Greek Easter is an all-you-can-eat feast so I recommend to bring something refreshing that will go well with the lamb in your stomach!
If you can find baklava, ravani or "portokalopita" (served with ice cream) it would be great. Personally, I would enjoy more a strawberry shortcake or a lemon meringue tart.
Ravani is a great option! It's a bit more light and perfect to pair with heartier meats

Best kadaifi recipe?

Hey! Does anyone have any really good kadaifi recipe? Thanks :)

kataifi.jpg

Favorite Greek Easter dishes!!?

Drop your pics! What are your favorite Greek Easter dishes? Mine is kokoretsi 😍

kokoretsi.jpeg

Mille feuille is one of my favourite non-Greek (but found everywhere in Greece) desserts

Favorite type of gemista (stuffed vegetable)?

What's everyone's favorite way to eat gemista? I love stuffed tomatoes and zucchini!!

gemista.jpg

Why is the club sandwich so popular in Greece?

I'm Greek, and one of my favorite things to order at a cafe and on the beach is the club sandwich. By the looks of it, it's probably not Greek....LOL. Does anyone know where it comes from? And we why love it so much?

sandwich.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter