1 - 5 of 5 Posts

paharo45

I have a job interview coming up and i’d like to channel some good energy and luck! What are some old Greek traditions for good luck? Thanks 🧿

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I have a job interview coming up and i’d like to channel some good energy and luck! What are some old Greek traditions for good luck? Thanks 🧿

Thanks for the question! Not that it might help you get a new job :) here are a few big ones that I can think of:

The Greek evil eye (mati):

And another good list about New Years Greek luck traditions:

Good luck with you job interview!!!

k_tsoukalas

ellinasgolfer0320

Put a clove of garlic in one of your pockets.

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

The Greek economy is growing!!

Finally, some good news for the economy of Greece :)

How long after being in Greece will it take to learn Greek?

I would love to learn Greek in an immersive way. Im thinking of trying to get a summer job there or spending some time staying with friends. How long do you think it will take to learn a basic understanding of Greek. Has anyone else tried to do this?

Polling the streets: Who is the most famous Greek?

This is quite interesting

How to dance hasaposerviko!

Ive been trying to learn some Greek dances at home so that I can join in when I go to Greece next hear (hopefully) I get confused between the differences between hasapiko and hasaposerviko, so if anyone has any insight not that it would be super helpful. And please let me know if this is a traditional version of the dance or if its a variaiton

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter