1 - 1 of 1 Posts

greggd12

I have a good friend who's Greek and is an absolute bookworm! Do you have any recommendations for classic Greek writers?

Learn Greek vocabulary words related to time!

This is for sure to come in handy when in Greece :)

• Time – η ωρα – i ora
  • Watch – το ρολόι – to roli
  • Clock – το ρολό – to roli
  • Daylight Savings Time – η θερινή ώραI therini ora
  • Time Difference – η διαφορά ώρας – I diafora oras
  • Time Zone – ζώνη ώρας – zoni oras
  • Set my watch one hour back – γυρίζω το ρολόι μου μία ώρα πίσω – yirizo to roli moo mia ora piso
  • Set my watch one hour ahead –γυρίζω το ρολόι μου μία ώρα μπροστά – yurizo to roli moo mia ora brosta
  • Do you have the time? έχεις / έχετε ώρα; Ehees (informal)/ Ehete (formal) ora;
  • Excuse me, do you have the time? Συγγνώμη, μήπως έχετε ώρα; signori, boros ehete ora?
  • Yes, it is 20:05. Ναι, είναι οκτώ και πέντε.Ne, eenai okto kai pende.
  • What time is it? τι ώρα είναι; To ora eenai;
  • It is (five) o’clock – είναι (πέντε) η ώρα eenai pence I ora – It is (five) o’clock.
  • To be punctual – είμαι ακριβήςeemai akrithis
  • To stand someone up – στήνω κάποιον – stono kapion
From https://www.greekboston.com/learn-speak/vocabulary-time/

How long after being in Greece will it take to learn Greek?

I would love to learn Greek in an immersive way. Im thinking of trying to get a summer job there or spending some time staying with friends. How long do you think it will take to learn a basic understanding of Greek. Has anyone else tried to do this?

Buy from these Greek cosmetic brands!

I always like promoting for people to buy local and buy Greek. Apivita and Korres are two famous Greek cosmetic brands that have done super well on the market and are sold all over the world. I suggest you check them out and support Greek companies :)

Are there any Greek comic books?

My cousin is a huge comic book nerd and I would love to get him some comic books in Greek. Any recommendations?

Seahorse Dragging A Mask' Underwater Photographer Nikos Samaras!👌

I didn't know where to post this!.... This photo should win more awards globally.....one of the best I have seen this year!

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter