1 - 3 of 3 Posts

acamp7

I'm visiting Athens from Christmas to New Year's and I would love to check out some events, holiday markets etc. What is there to do during this time? Thanks :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I would say seeing the Acropolis and Christmas shopping in Monastiraki would be two fun things to try!

k_tsoukalas

I heard that Syntagma square is pretty bustling, and there is a nice Christmas tree is set up there. It is something that I would really love to see

Great Athens Restaurants for Dining

I love the restaurants in Athens - they're just so amazing. The chefs in the city do a great job giving a variety of foods from Greek cuisine, from the old to the new. I found this link with a nice list of nine restaurants that I plan to try. What do you guys thing? Have you been to any of these?

Athens Full of Tourists’ as Greece Extends Tourism Season !

Attica Group Inaugurates its 3 New AERO Highspeed Vessels

A truly corporate group of team, should have joined them back in the 90s.... sailed several times Ancona -Patra..... very memorable moments and experience.... unbelievable food onboard and ambience!♥️♥️

Best Shopping in Athens according to a local!

Reconnecting with My Love of Greek Food in Athens

I grew up eating all the traditional Greek dishes, and then some. As an adult, I have gotten away from it. To top that off, I lost my mother's recipes and I never properly learned how to cook Greek food when I was growing up. I am thinking of visiting Greece, particularly Athens, not only to see the sites but to also reconnect with Greek cuisine.

When I am in Athens, do you have any recommendations on the best foods to try - maybe a favorite restaurant or something? I don't know where to start!
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube