1 - 9 of 9 Posts

dubai_suzie

Any recommendations? And do some apps only work in Athens? Ive only ever used uber in Athens but Im wondering if there are other options

ellinasgolfer0320

ride sharing in Greece doesn't work the same as the USA, Canada, or AUS.

That said, taxibeat is probably the best

Reactions: greek_ggirl

greek_ggirl

ride sharing in Greece doesn't work the same as the USA, Canada, or AUS.

That said, taxibeat is probably the best
I use taxi beat as well. Uber and Lyft also work in Athens.

nadellii

Alternatively you can find a reputable taxi company and call them over the phone and they will send a cab to wherever you are

ellinasgolfer0320

Alternatively you can find a reputable taxi company and call them over the phone and they will send a cab to wherever you are
This is the thing to do, and thats what taxibeat helps with... most Greeks take taxis, not uber, or lyft.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

k_tsoukalas

I would definitely just stick with taxis in Greece and forget about ride share. It's not really in the Greek Culture to use ride share.

I have never used ride share in Greece, and I am not sure that people really do that. I tend to use taxis, public transport, my legs, or rent a car.

According to this tripadvisor thread, there is an app that Greeks use that can help you secure a taxi called Taxibeat. I have never used it. Has anyone heard of it?

Reactions: paharo45

paharo45

I have never used ride share in Greece, and I am not sure that people really do that. I tend to use taxis, public transport, my legs, or rent a car.

According to this tripadvisor thread, there is an app that Greeks use that can help you secure a taxi called Taxibeat. I have never used it. Has anyone heard of it?

Yes, taxi beat is super popular in Greece. Essentially its just like uber but it uses all of the existing taxi drivers in Greece

Resources for tracking covid in Greece

This is for all of my fellow travellers and for those who live in Greece and have loved ones in Greece. It's really hard to find good resources these days, and I tend to get overwhelmed with everything that's going on in the news, so I like to have a few websites in my back pocket when I want to check and see how things are doing. I hope this doesn't overwhelm folks and just helps spread some accurate info.

Mango is the best app for learning Greek!

If you’ve ever wanted to learn Greek to communicate with family members or to use on your next holiday in Greece, Mango is the app you need to download! I started using it a few months back, and I really feel like it has helped me learn Greek so quickly. The app has so many great features and allows you to record your own voice so you can hear how well you are pronouncing the words so that you can work on your accent. I highly recommend it!

I cant get enough of Greece during the Christmas time!

Many areas of Greece are lit up during Christmas time, especially Athens! One of my favorite parts of Greece is the Christmas cheer and spirit during these times. Its so special because the Untied States is so commercialized during the Christmas time that so much of the meaning is lost, especially the spiritual aspects. The same goes for any religious holiday.

Greece has now approved a fourth covid vaccine shot for at risk people

Greece has just announced that it has approved a fourth booster shot for people who are most at risk. This means that those who qualify and under their doctors approval can obtain an additional shot to prevent themselves from contracting COVID-19. I'm not sure if this applies for travellers and non-citizens, as usually in order to get a vaccine or a Covid test you need to have some form of healthcare in Greece, either private or public.

Make sure to book your covid tests early for traveling to Greece!

As rules are changing for every country (including Greece) I suggest that everyone book their COVID tests early because everyone is scrambling last minute to book theirs, especially during the holidays. Greece now requires a negative PCR test taken 72 hours before arrival to Greece. This new rule has recently come into effect for many countries as well, as before only unvaccinated people needed to take a covid test. I hope everyone to stay safe and wish everyone happy holidays!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter