1 - 6 of 6 Posts

dubai_suzie

Any recommendations? And do some apps only work in Athens? Ive only ever used uber in Athens but Im wondering if there are other options

ellinasgolfer0320

ride sharing in Greece doesn't work the same as the USA, Canada, or AUS.

That said, taxibeat is probably the best

Reactions: greek_ggirl

greek_ggirl

ride sharing in Greece doesn't work the same as the USA, Canada, or AUS.

That said, taxibeat is probably the best
I use taxi beat as well. Uber and Lyft also work in Athens.

nadellii

Alternatively you can find a reputable taxi company and call them over the phone and they will send a cab to wherever you are

ellinasgolfer0320

Alternatively you can find a reputable taxi company and call them over the phone and they will send a cab to wherever you are
This is the thing to do, and thats what taxibeat helps with... most Greeks take taxis, not uber, or lyft.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

European Travelling Rules Confusing and conflicting!

KAVALA

During the 90's my late husband and myself travelled from Kavala to Thassos by ferry, sadly I cannot remember where we flew into. I know we hired a car from the airport. Every year we would visit different parts of Greece such as Samothraki, Evia, Karpathos, Loutra, Stoupa, Kalymnos and many other islands and parts of the mainland which again I cannot remember.
I have a yearning to revisit Kavala/Thassos again with my partner and I am very cross/upset with myself as I cannot remember how we got to some of these places.
I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to advise me.
We loved Greece and during his funeral we played Greek music and it went down well, the congregation were tapping their feet to the music. Next week we have managed to get a holiday on Kos so at last we can get to see Greece again, also, my partner hasn't been to Kos, I have since losing my husband and other islands.
Thank you in advance.
MKD

Covid update: Greece launches mandatory testing for unvaccinated workers

Seems things are going back to being a little more strict

Is it easy to rent an automatic car in Greece?

I really really wish I could drive stick, but I just can't...how easy is it to rent automatic? Thanks

Best Greek summer pop playlist!

Summer isn't over (for some)! Im still playing these tunes far into October while I hit the beach on the weekends 😎

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter